The Amazing Race - 11/27/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TiVo'Brien, Nov 28, 2011.

1. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Bill and Cathi's race came to a respectable end. Like Phil said, they were probably the best senior team ever. Kudos to them. :up:

I'm glad Amani and Marcus are still in it, but really, with all their screw-ups, they shouldn't be. It'll be interesting to see if they make the final three.

The carrier pigeon "task" was pretty cool. Loved the miniature clues! :p

I wonder if Ford paid a sponsor fee for last night's episode?

Discuss.

2. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    "I don't have to touch a pigeon do I?"

Yeah, that's the task. Touch a pigeon! :p

I loved how many times that one guy kept driving into the balloon car.

3. bigpuma

bigpuma Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2003
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Is this really a question? Of course they did.

4. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I think the clue pigeons were a plant. Granted the pigeons are probably very good at their job, but would the producers risk one not getting to its destenation in time?

5. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I was thinking this, too. Can you imagine Phil saying something like, "Teams whose pigeons get lost will be provided another pigeon that will have to fly the route over again, but no accommodation will be made for this unlucky break." :p

6. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Of course they were. You don't think they put clues on all the pigeons, do you? :)

7. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    All I can say is...the Mustang challenge was awesome, and I was SO jealous, since I've ALWAYS wanted a Mustang. I found it funny that on all the M/F teams, the males ALL did that challenge, and the females kind of seemed resigned to that fact. And the smiles on each of the guys faces was priceless. I can't remember another challenge where the participants were just SO into it.

This may be the first season where I actually LIKE all the teams. I can't remember team from the beginning onward that I have disliked.

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Not only that, but the guy at the retrieval end knew exactly which little compartment to pull the clue pigeon from. Had the pigeons just flown in in a big flock, there's no way he could have known which compartment the clue pigeon was in.

I thought it was interesting that only one of the teams recognized the Atomium sculpture. Seems that when they were in Brussels earlier in the leg, they should have seen it.

I was very jealous of the driving challenge. That looked like it was a blast. It was no surprised that it took Ernie several tries to do the slalom course, because he was taking each corner way too wide and therefore couldn't carry much speed through the turns.

Pretty awesome prize for winning the leg. Is that the nicest prize they've ever had for winning a single leg of TAR?

9. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    The proving ground challenge would have been much better if it were at GM and driving ZR-1s

10. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I remember gas for life once. Something tells me they out cars once before as well.

11. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Of course they were saved by the non-elimination leg on the very first episode, otherwise they would have been the first ones out.
    They definitely redeemed themselves.

12. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Always strikes me as odd when people say this. They were strong enough to overcome their screw-ups, so imo they absolutely SHOULD be still in. Image how they might do if the didn't screw up.

13. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It always cracks me up when Ernie and Cindy get to the pit stop. Most teams are high fiving each other if they finish in third place, but Cindy always looks like she just ate poop if Phil says anything other than "You are team number one!"

14. Maui

Maui Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    It was interesting to see an extra leg without a bunch up. These tasks looked like they could have spread the pack out quite a bit.....

Which of course means the first part of the next episode will be an airport bunch up.

15. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Especially since the previews showed us that the next leg is in
    Panama.

16. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    They go to Europe and get to drive high performance ... Mustangs? Slushbox Mustangs at that. LOL!

17. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I thought it was odd, too. When we saw the preview for this episode following the previous episode, I saw the Mustangs and said, "Oh, they must be coming back to the States already because they don't have Mustangs in Europe." At least, they didn't have them when I lived there 20 years ago. Maybe they do now, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ford shipped these over there just for this TV exposure.

18. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    Just to add to the conspiracy...I really do think that the producers muck with the non-elimination legs because if you watch closely, when Phil is in front of the Atomium the voice says "The last team to check in here will be eliminated", but if you watch his mouth he really says "may be eliminated". I think that the producers really liked Bill and Cathi and didn't want them eliminated because they had trouble with the stupid body building. Too bad they couldn't make up ground.

19. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ...and is whatever track they had in this episode near Nürburgring?

20. Squeak

Squeak Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Close to 3 hours away:

http://g.co/maps/kxwsy