The Amazing Race - 10/30/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Oct 31, 2011.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I liked that all the teams seemed to genuinely enjoy being in Africa. Occasionally, past racers have expressed disgust with living conditions in Africa.

I'm shocked that we got another non-elimination leg. That's 3 non-elims already in the season. I don't remember how many legs Phil said would be in this race, but I'm guessing we'll have eliminations now for the next few legs and then maybe one final non-elim right before (or in the middle of) the finale.

Glad to see Marcus and Amani get saved. I'd like to see them do well, and they just got unlucky in this episode with bad cab drivers. I never like to see teams get eliminated solely because of bad cabs.

That's now twice that the Snowboarders have won the leg after the team ahead of them screwed up and had to serve a penalty of some sort.

2. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Those snowboarders are some lucky so and sos!!! They would have been eliminated a couple weeks ago when they made a mistake with their flight and ended up in a bunch up at the roadblock.

3. Tivortex

Tivortex Cherished Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Colorado
    I'm really starting to like Marcus and Amani. I was glad they were saved.

4. Nov 1, 2011 #4 of 16
    murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    My husband was speculating that they might have chosen to do a non-elim leg on the fly (e.g. in response to a bad cab incident).

5. Nov 1, 2011 #5 of 16
    ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Actually, for the first time since we've been watching we aren't rooting against any teams. Even the brother & sister have settled down and are now even presenting very positive sides of themselves. Ditto the Australian father.

6. Nov 1, 2011 #6 of 16
    martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I'm sure they've been coached by the producers to no longer bad-mouth locations. Or they just don't show that any more. :)

7. Nov 1, 2011 #7 of 16
    RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Completely agree. All the teams remaining seem OK to me. I'd be fine with any of them winning.

I liked the twins, their enthusiasm was infectious. Even on their final leg they had a good time. I'm sorry they're out.

8. Nov 1, 2011 #8 of 16
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I agree, we like all the teams, and I'm surprised that, because of this, I'm really enjoying this season more. It also helps that, at least to me, the tasks seem more difficult.

Does it seem to anyone that they "cleaned up" Malawi, meaning that I'm sure that this country is probably no more advanced than any other African nation, and that there are a lot of very poor people living a very menial existence, which they've shown in other visits to Africa. This time, Malawi looks like a very modern country and their appears to be very little poverty. Maybe we will see it in the next episode. And maybe that's a good thing too.

9. Nov 1, 2011 #9 of 16
    zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I think it was because they were in the middle of Africa. It's not like they can send them to a nice hotel.

10. Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    "The Australian father" came off as sexist this week. The comment that "the girls" will get ahead of them because they would choose the sewing challenge, and Sandy gave him a deadly look when he said he was surprised to see her building the toy trucks because he thought she would choose the sewing. Then one of the other guys tried to defuse the situation by saying don't you sew in the operating room, and she said it was a different kind of sewing.

On the other hand I just loved Marcus's enthusiasm at the sewing machine.

11. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    I thought that at first, then later on when he made another remark and I could see his face, I thought maybe he was only joking.

12. MrCouchPotato

MrCouchPotato Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Thought the episode to be a bit boring. Pushing sacks of tobacco from one spot to another, building a cardboard truck, sewing a jacket, delivering a bed frame. ...

Am I the only one that sees an eerie similarity? (especially when she laughs)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Probably.

14. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Yes, you are the only one...

15. borderline

borderline Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Every time I hear her talk all I can picture in my head is that actress. It makes it hard to take anything she says seriously.

16. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    The husband reminds reminds me of Richard Jenkins (Dad-'Six Feet Under'), his wife doesnt remind me of anyone.