The After, Amazon series pilot

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Thom, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    I just watched The After pilot, available online from Amazon. Starts off with six people trapped in an elevator. When they get out, they find there is no power anywhere, and no phone communication. And things get both worse and weirder from there.

If you like things with a post-apocalyptic vibe, you'll probably like this. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series episodes.

2. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada

You sure its not a Revolution spinoff?

3. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    I never watched Revolution, so I can't compare them. Based on the last scene of the pilot, I suspect The After will not be that similar to Revolution, which (I think) had a much different premise.

4. Sep 1, 2014 #4 of 11
    Tobashadow

Tobashadow Read over there --->

Nov 11, 2006
    Why is it hidden on amazon? I had to search it out since it wasn't listed with the other pilots.

5. Sep 1, 2014 #5 of 11
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    It was a pilot from last season. It's been renewed.

6. Sep 1, 2014 #6 of 11
    wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Pilot from last that that's been renewed? Renewed for what, a second episode? I don't get it. But it's from Chris Carter not there a name I haven't heard of much the last decade. I'll have to check it out.

7. Sep 1, 2014 #7 of 11
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    These Amazon pilots are, well, pilots. This one has been picked up as a series.

8. Sep 1, 2014 #8 of 11
    wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    So is the pilot free to watch out what? We get screwed in Canada. I can get a DNS service that allows me to watch US Netflix and likely free online content from the networks, but paid services typically require a credit card with a US billing address. For example, I can't (easily) get Hulu or Vudu. Not sure about Amazon since this is original material and they already have a footprint in Canada.

9. Sep 1, 2014 #9 of 11
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The After went to series. I watched it when the Pilot was released this past February and voted for it. Amazon ordered the series in MArch. It is supposed to come out in early 2015 and have eight episodes released in four, two hour installments. So while not as good as having everything released at once, I'll take a two hour release every week over one hour.

That is the one thing I have hated about the Amazon shows I have watched so far. I hated them releasing only one episode a week.

10. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    50 minutes of mostly bad characters nobody could give a crap about followed by a few minutes of laughable twist.

11. wprager

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Whoa, that was bad. The acting was about on par with her audition. And I really don't see the purpose of one of the characters being French, and another one using the F-word twice in every sentence.