The '80s: The Decade that Made Us, all episodes

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Dec 31, 2017.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA

Advertisements

Anyone watching? I stumbled across about a month ago and recorded most of the eps on NGC. Some more got recorded/re-recorded on 12/30 and there are more reruns on 12/31.

Show page at The '80s: The Decade That Made Us.

I think I've watched at least 1 ep besides almost all of ep 1. Enjoying it, so far. I was too young for some of the events and didn't know about the collaboration between Run-DMC and Aerosmith that Rick Rubin had planned, which neither group knew about.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    These various decades shows are ones I probably have multiple copies of (since it's something I often download off Tivo to make room)..

I actually started watching one of the CNN ones then checked my phone notes and I had already watched it... heh.

But I like these kinds of pop culture/politics retrospective shows, even though they're largely "reruns", which are something I rarely re-watch.. (though I did see a movie for the 2nd time in a theater for a very long time, but that's largely because it's effectively free, since I already paid for the month's moviepass).

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I still have some of the eps on piled up on my TiVo. I finally finished ep 4, "Masters of the Universe". Had a lot of variety. Focused for awhile on Wall Street esp. greed, the movie (Wall Street (1987) - IMDb) which I need to watch someday, insider trading scandals and the stock market crash.

Was quite amused when they covered televangelists + Jim and Tammy Bakker along w/their PTL. The segment at the end about the Space Shuttle and sending Christa McAuliffe to space was very good. That part brought some tears to me eye. I remember and announcement over the PA when I was in school about the Challenger having exploded.