The 4400 Season Finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by unicorngoddess, Sep 17, 2007.

1. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Wow. I really didn't expect that. I thought it was a great season finale! I had a feeling at the end of last week's episode that Sean's brother was responsible for his mom's promicin attack. But I had no idea they'd go the other way with it and have the rest of the people he came in contact with develop abilities.

I guess it's a good thing Jordan didn't get ahold of Sean's brother as I'm pretty sure he would have kept him contagious.

I have to say that Marco's ability is my favorite so far. :)

I still haven't heard any word on whether the show has been picked up for another season?

2. HiddenSky

HiddenSky Let's Go Flyers!

Dec 13, 2004
    Suburban...
    I would have really liked it if they had expanded the events over two episodes to close out the season. I felt like some of the resolution was rushed, but I did like how the season ended. It won't leave us with an open-ended cliffhanger if USA decides not to pick up another season, but another season examining what happens now that there are another 9000 P+ in the population including NTAC members could easily pick up from where they left off.

3. mtnagel

mtnagel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Good thing I just did a search. I didn't see any thread and then got distracted and then I found your post in a search.

Anyway, I loved the episode. I do get bored/sick of the whole conspiracy plot lines, but I love seeing the new abilities. Yes, Marco's what cool, but I was thinking, okay, how's he going to get back now. The hot boss' ability (is it Meghan?) was neat, but is it practical?

So Diana's not going to have an ability? Are we assuming Tom will take the shot? Do we (or Kyle) know what his ability is going to be?

I really enjoy this show and I sure hope it comes back.

4. mtnagel

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Oh yeah, does anyone know the song they played at the end of the episode?

5. sackman

sackman New Member

Sep 2, 2005
    "Where is my mind?" by the Pixies

6. mtnagel

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks. I'm beginning to think there isn't a question that this forum can't answer.

7. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    That was great. I like the idea of where the story is heading. (I am assuming it will be back!!)

Mrs. Palmer vs. Isabell was unintentionally hilarious toward the end there. The moaning combined with the acting and editing made that sequence a riot.

8. weymo

weymo timeshifter

Jan 26, 2003
    Atlanta
    Yeah, there were a few filler episodes this season but I really liked how the ending ramped up. I hope we see the borg queen return next season and see a bit more about how the future is affected when changes are made in the past.
    Did anybody else feel like the Isabelle is a baby again thread was some sort of U-turn in the staffing? What I like about this show is you really don't know what's coming next or who they might keep or boot.
    I'd like to see more arcs and fewer standalone episodes. The arcs seem to be a lot more interesting.
    Maybe the 4400 which were originally chosen were picked because their abilities would be beneficial as opposed to epidemics like we saw in Seattle where all hell breaks loose.

Now...if they could just breathe some new life into the Dead Zone...say maybe get Stephen King to sketch out some good stories? :)

9. JoeTivo25

JoeTivo25 Member

Sep 1, 2004
    The most eerie line came from Maia: "This is better. Now we're in charge."

10. danplaysbass

danplaysbass I watch too much TV.

Jul 19, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Great Finale! I was enthralled. It is a very good thing that Collier didn't get a hold of Danny. His ability ending up accomplishing the exact thing that Jordan was going after. At first I thought Danny was leaking radiation a la Ted in Heroes and that is what killed his mom but making it a promicin exposure was a good twist.

The idea of Promise City being an oasis or Utopia fully depends on whether the people there choose to use their powers for the benefit of society. So far they have been lucky. Maybe they a have a self regulating form of governing where the bad apples get disposed of but this introduces many bad things...

11. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    As long as jordan's followers can overpower any undesirables, he can just remove their powers and thus make sure that everyone who has powers is using them for the benefit of society.

12. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I thought that was a great episode, and now, unlike last season, I find myself counting days until it returns.

I thought the interesting undercurrent from the last two episodes is that simply having an ability isn't necessarily a good thing. Having control of it and how you use it is really the important thing.

13. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Bummer; this thread title is not specific enough... which season's finale? Today we know, but what about in 3 months?

ITYM, make sure that everyone who has powers is using them the way Jordan wants them to... which may not be the same thing. That was why Maia's remark was so chilling... especially since she's talking to her mom who will likely shortly be one of the only non-positives in Seattle.

Not a bad episode. Hopefully they've finished the Marked plotline, now that Jordan has the list. Next season they can just allude to the fact that they've taken care of the problem.

14. TreborPugly

TreborPugly Unreal!

May 2, 2002
    Eastern TN
    When my recording ended, Tom was holding up the promicin shot, looking at it. Was that the end? Was there any indication of whether or not he would take the shot?

15. crxrocks

crxrocks Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Etherville
    It was left open but according the list that Kyle has he takes the shot at some point.

16. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    Not a bad finale but not great either.

The whole Isabella thing was pretty stupid. She took out the two guards in front with a simple twitch (and everyone else previously) but instead had to take out the guards indoors by throwing them through windows and poking them with pokers. Lame. p.s. Richard is still screwed.

Baldwin saying 'No let me go back to the safe house by myself, I need to do this.' without any back up and without telling either Diana or Meghan anything about the marked or where he was going. For a second I thought he was still marked. Nope, he was back to old Tom Baldwin, running into a situation half-assed and getting caught.

Really isn't the 4400 anymore though now is it? More like the 4400 - (those 4400 killed) + (those who took the promicin) + (all the people of Seattle who didn't die).

Although I suppose that's a rather wordy title. ;)

17. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    So, is Jordan Collier still Jordan Collier, or the machine personality from the future? Tom Baldwin was an absolute IDIOT for giving him that list before making sure that Collier was "clean."

Anyway, I really did enjoy that episode. The show's SO much better than rocky start it got the first season. I hope it sticks around.

18. Vito the TiVo

Vito the TiVo Rockin' the Suburbs

Oct 27, 2003
    Valencia,...
    Am I wrong that Marco's ability is exactly Hiro Nakamura's? Awkward.

19. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Well, we don't know that. Hiro can travel in Time, apparently Marco only teleported in space.

20. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    And, at least at first blush, only somewhere he's looking at in a picture (the picture he was looking at when he teleported was where he ended up). Maybe as he gets stronger it'll be anyplace he's been or has a picture of.