The 4400-Casting Spoiler

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by WhiskeyTango, Aug 7, 2007.

1. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
  2. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I would guess that for Lily it's just a flashback. However, did they ever explain what happened to Richard? There's no reason he couldn't come back for good.

3. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    He disappeared after injecting Isabelle with the shot that took away her powers and hasn't been seen since. (That was Tom's official explanation to Isabelle)

And I think Lilly was cremated...that would be hard to recover from one would think. But I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Richard scatter her ashes over her grandmother's grave or something.

4. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Except the fact that he sucked the life out of most scenes he was in ...

No, I'll partially take that back. He was fine when Richard and Lily were confused and were exploring their relationship, and when they were on the run, but when Isabelle got "all growed up" overnight for the start of Season 3, Richard turned into a major drag. So early Richard = good Richard. Later Richard = bad Richard.

5. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Lily aged prematurely and died of old age, and I remember a scene at a cemetery, but I can't recall if she was cremated.

More than likely she will appear as a flashback, but remember ... the future took her once and returned her at a later date, so what's to stop the future from snatching her up from an earlier time and again returning her to the present? It would make for some messy and complicated story-telling, but ... why not? It's been an intriguing and well-written season so far, so I'm up for anything.

6. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    This is great news in a 4400 season that doesn't really need anymore. It's been a great ride so far. Richard & Lily returning makes it all the better.

Laura Allen was awesome in Dirt, on F/X, by the way. If I didn't think they were creepy, I'd start a fan club. ;)

Lastly, drew2k is right. Richard & Lily worked at the beginning of the series, but the wheels came off when the baby aged 20 years overnight.

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I guess I haven't followed 4400 to well. What was the explanation of why Isabelle grew up?

8. PopcornGuy

PopcornGuy New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    It was a sudden thing. I remember an episode where she was walking around naked (because her clothes didn't fit). It had something to do with the fact that Lily was pregnant when she returned and Isabelle is "special" because of this.