The 4400 8-6-07 -SPOILERS-

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bpurcell, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Aug 6, 2007 #1 of 16
    bpurcell

bpurcell TMBG Fan

Mar 16, 2005
    Fairfield, CA
    Interesting episode. More like a off-plot, standalone episode than anything else. There was no plot progress (unless you consider Tom and Jordan calling each other by their first names a plot progress). It was obvious from the VERY beginning that this was a dream situation; still I liked how it worked out.

Now the preview for next week looks very promising. It's good to see M. Ali back in the story.

2. Aug 6, 2007 #2 of 16
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, notwithstanding the fact that I fell asleep about 3/4 of the way in and had to pick it up again this morning for the final quarter. (I heart TiVo). A few episodes into the season and I'm still having trouble recalling the convoluted histories the various characters share.

bpurcell - you might want to "spoiler" that last statement of yours - some people consider previews spoilers and wouldn't want to know the information you posted just yet.

3. Aug 6, 2007 #3 of 16
    bqmeister

bqmeister New Member

May 12, 2006
    Mine almost didn't record. Guide data showed it as a repeat and I missed the 8pm recording. I wasn't sure if it was a repeat or not, so manually recorded the 11pm show. Glad I did.

4. Aug 6, 2007 #4 of 16
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I hate USA....

5. Aug 6, 2007 #5 of 16
    unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I ende up with the same problem sometimes. For no reason at all, it just won't record the 8pm show. Its not conflicting with anything, it would just perfect to catch the later showing for some reason. Sometimes it won't even pick it up until later in the week reruns.

I liked this episode. It will be interesting to see how things go from here.

6. Aug 6, 2007 #6 of 16
    danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I've been noticing that problem this season, with the "generic" listings. The program guide data for the generic ones all report an original air date of 7/11/04 (which is, I assume, when the pilot aired). I actually physically removed last night's show from the to-do list, thinking it was a repeat. I added it back on again before it was too late. I have non-generic data showing for next week's episode, already.

7. Aug 6, 2007 #7 of 16
    EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    Generic listings here, too.

This felt like an old-fashioned Star Trek: The Next Generation mid-season "Bottle Episode."

i.e.: We're well into the new season and we're over budget. Let's do an episode entirely on existing sets to save some cash and save up for a big finish, big budget cliffhanger of a season finale.

8. Aug 6, 2007 #8 of 16
    avery

avery New Member

May 29, 2006
    New York
    I've also had recording problems - but sort of the reverse of yours. Since the July 29th show, it's been recording the Sunday 9pm [EST] show just fine - and then ALL the other re-airs during the week in addition!

Deleting them is certainly an easy enough fix but it's a pain to have to remember to monitor the to-do list.

9. Aug 7, 2007 #9 of 16
    appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    It also looked like they were trying to cram every series regular in there too. Maybe some of them had been complaining about not enough face time or something.

10. danplaysbass

danplaysbass I watch too much TV.

Jul 19, 2004
    Philadelphia
    I agree...I don't think Mia was really necessary...

Anybody else think the effects used when megan "died" were kind of off somehow?

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I also got the impression that this was a recycled Star Trek episode.

For some reason, I just couldn't get past Marco's silly wig.

I wonder when Tom and his boss are going to start getting it on and begin boring me to death with that plot development.

12. johnspalm

johnspalm New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Yeah, it was your basic, recycled "bring the enemies together against a new enemy" episode.

"Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra"

;)

13. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    ...when the walls fell!

14. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    She wasn't really necessary, but she was the catalyst for whatever reconciliation Diana and Isabelle had: she was there to get them to air some grievances. I agree, not much there.

15. UTV2TiVo

UTV2TiVo Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 2, 2005
    Sacramento...
    Wow I recognize those last two quotes from that old TNG episode. Obviously I'm not the only one.
    Picard could have used Hoshi that episode (couse Hoshi would have long been dead in Picard's time).

16. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Yes, but wasn't Picards stranded alone? Even if Hoshi was in his time, she wouldn't have been there.

One of the most memorable TNG episodes. I wonder how many episodes of current sci-fi TV can have one line (Darmok & Jalad) repeated and remembered by viewers some 15 years later.

Greg