The 4400 8/12/07 (S04E09) "Daddy's Little Girl"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jehma, Aug 14, 2007.

1. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    It's reunion week - all the old characters are coming back. I really didn't think the Isabel storyline was going there. I kept waiting to see a flash of her ability at the end.

Preview spoiler:

Maybe they'll save that for next week when her mother comes back too.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I laughed a few times during the diner scenes.

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    They were doing so well this season up till much of this episode. And apparently next week's episode, too.

Oh well, the run had to end sometime.

3. Fahtrim

Fahtrim Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    I liked it.

4. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    Did I notice someone lining up the Shark tank warming up for a jump?

Very weak episode.

5. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    I hated the love scenes between Tom and his creepy boss. *shudder*

6. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    Creepy boss: We don't have to let this get weird if we don't let it.

Right, You're having sex with your female boss...................things going to get weird. Trust me :cool:

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I thought it was...odd...that a 4400's ability apparently consists of cooking up water that makes you younger (or, apparently, older).

One wonders how she ever figured out what her ability is...

8. weymo

weymo timeshifter

Jan 26, 2003
    Atlanta
    SPOILEDMILK HERE:
    Notice that the chick who had jumped over to that Courtney Cox show is resurfacing...this is not a spoiler because it is in the preview for next week. Makes me think that the ability HAS returned. Wasn't it her ability that sucked mommy's life force dry to make her grow up...and now that life force can be restored...

uh huh

(as Cartman) "weak!"

Although I am curious to know what the heck is going on. The writers have been all over the map with this show, sometimes making great strides and then we have the bizarre twists like this episode which almost seem like their saying..."oops, we need to do a do-over."

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    weymo, it is a spoiler. Please read the rules.

I thought this episode was decent. It reminded us that there are a lot of people out there hesitant to join jordan, and that the original 4400s are really powerful but lack direction for their powers. Almost indicating that someone needs to fill the gap between jordan and each man for himself.

10. Timbeau

Timbeau Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 31, 2002
    VT
    Hopefully we didn't just trade Isabelle for Richard. Isabelle didn't contribute much to the show but she was a lot easier to look at than old "squinty lips".

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I wasn't that thrilled with this episode, although it will be interesting to see if they've actually written off the older Isabelle character and will keep the younger one (in which case there's really no reason for her to be on the show) or if they'll use some plot device to re-age her and bring her back to where she was.

12. brianp6621

brianp6621 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 22, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Why do you find anything odd about that? She is basically a human fountain of youth. How is that any different/more odd than Sean being able to heal?

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Because he heals people, not glasses of water. She's not a human fountain of youth. She's a human fountain-of-youth-maker. That just seems bizarre to me.

14. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    Yes, because Kyle's invisible girl who tells him what to do (aka the invisible wife) is in no way odd or a total plot contrivance. ;)

15. UTV2TiVo

UTV2TiVo Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 2, 2005
    Sacramento...
    That's funny. Squinty lips is a perfect description.

16. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    He also has squinty eyes.

17. jimborst

jimborst Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 30, 2001
    IA USA
    I was ready to dump the season pass at the end of last season, I never deleted the season pass so I thought I'd watch the first ones and was pleasantly surprised....then this happened. The diner part was just hard to watch, my finger was going for the FF button, but I stuck it out. And now with Isabelle being a child.

18. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    At least this season this episode is the exception rather than the rule.

19. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    I really hope they bring Megalyn Echikunwoke back as adult Isabelle. Unlike most I liked her character from day one.

20. brianp6621

brianp6621 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 22, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Nothing says she made the water, maybe she treated it with her ability, maybe she can make any food into a fountain of youth, we just don't know.

However in the context of a show about alien abduction, time travel, supernatural powers, and kryptoserum that gives you these powers, thinking that a power that allows a person to turn a glass of water into a fountain of youth is bizarre, is well... bizarre.