The 4400 - 07/29/2007 - S04E07 - "Till We Have Built Jerusalem"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by drew2k, Jul 29, 2007.

1. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

Did anyone else cheer when Jordan addressed the crowd in the hallway and didn't whisper? I did. :)

This is certainly getting more interesting. Maya's lying now, Diana's questioning which side she's on, Shawn is clearly outside of Jordan's sphere of influence now, and Meghan is clearly making a play for Tom.

I just have two questions about the "barriers" that Jordan's people constructed: What's the power source, and why weren't there any along the water line?

OK, a third question. What good is being invisible if you can't move while invisible??? Talk about a lame power! :p

2. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Surveillance is about the only practical use..

3. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    And why didn't they just use the mechanical robots that disarm bombs to move those things or take them out? I mean, come on! :)

Great episode though, and I really like the pacing.

4. fasi22mob

fasi22mob New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    I got the feeling jordan knew she was lying. Maybe because war is not his plan thus making a prediction about it a lie. could set up an interesting plot line down the road.

5. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

:p Yeah, surveillance where you have to walk in visible, and then go invisible only when you're ready to stop moving! King of a weak point if you can be seen while trying to get to your surveillance post!

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I wondered that too ... why not just storm the place from the harbor? I figure the lights are just symbolic to show people where the line is, and it's really a 4400 creating the barrier? Sorta like the white flags I used to train my dogs where the underground electric radio fence was. :)

7. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    They have definitely been lightening Tom up quite a bit, and it's about time.

I really enjoyed this one

8. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    It's not as bad as Kyle's power. His power is basically an invisible woman who tells him what to do and doesn't sleep with him. Kyle's power is an invisible wife. :D

I enjoyed this episode as well. They are definitely back on track.

As for the barrier, here are some thoughts.

1- they might not need a barrier at the water because the have something else protecting that, or the barrier isn't there and NTAC just doesn't know about it.

2- At the end they showed a woman who could disable electronics. So maybe NTAC knew that and didn't bother trying to send a robot in. Or they tried and failed we just didn't see it. Besides a robot would be a huge announcement. "HERE WE COME!!!!!!"

I loved the retaliation being taking more land.

9. hapdrastic

hapdrastic Swarley

Mar 31, 2006
    That's hilarious. I almost spit out my coffee!

And I totally agree on the taking more land-as-retribution thing. I thought it was a much better/smarter way to go than starting a war.

10. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    LOL! :D :up:

I need to stop reading the forum at work during lunch ... people wonder what I'm laughing at.

11. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    I thought it was funny that the a new women's power is to do the vulcan neck pinch with her mind!

12. Timbeau

Timbeau Well-Known Member

May 31, 2002
    VT
    I think the lights are the barrier as the "enhanced soldier" did something that made them go out and then they could pass through them.

Why didn't the police stay back 100 feet or so and just shoot the people carrying the lights?

This is one of those things that is pretty neat as long as you don't look too deeply into it.

I really like the way this show is going this season. :up: :up:

13. brnscofrnld

brnscofrnld where is this place?

Mar 29, 2005
    NW. DC.
    If they shot them, that would just piss jordan off and the ones that weren't shot would have just gone ape s#!t on them.

at least thats what I think.

14. HiddenSky

HiddenSky Let's Go Flyers!

Dec 13, 2004
    Suburban...
    It's possible the lights create some sort of physical barrier. They could have just had a team rappel down from a helicopter into the perimeter if the only effect of the lights was being disoriented when getting physically close to them.

I also like the show's direction this season. It's been a fun ride and I'm really curious to see what happens to Tom.

15. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Since a river is FLOWING water, wouldn't that woman need to spend the rest of her life in there cleaning it, as the pollution keeps constantly flowing from upstream?

Maya's becoming a pretty tricky young woman, isn't she? Can anyone trust a liar who predicts the future? Cassandra complex anyone?

Do all those banners of Jordan seem a little egocentric, or are they there for another reason? The camera has shown them in a way that makes me think there is more to them than just publicity.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It seems as though the eyes move from time to time...

17. Timbeau

Timbeau Well-Known Member

May 31, 2002
    VT
    No, no, no, she cleaned it all the way up to and including the source and all the way downstream. ;) :D

Good point. Usually when someone lies to us we put more effort into judging if what they say is true. With Maya there's no way for people to evaluate what she says. It has to be either blindly believe or not believe.

18. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I'm glad you saw that because that is what I thought I was seeing. I'm not sure if that implies some sort of surveillance system, or just a really creepy special effect, but I'm convince that moving eyes is what I saw.

19. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    I noticed the moving eyes as well. Or, more precisely, in some scenes it looked like the eyes were looking in one direction, while in other scenes the eyes appeared to be cast in a different direction. I never actually noticed them moving. I thought it was a neat effect.

20. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    There are times when I think the poster is actually smiling like it knows a deep dark secret. Its kinda creepy.