The 4400 - 07/15/2007 - S04E05 - "Try The Pie"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by drew2k, Jul 16, 2007.

1. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

I think this episode sealed the direction this season is heading: Religion and Politics. How will we ever be able to discuss this? :)

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    He got religion and revolution backwards, too.

3. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Just thought of something: How did the orphaned boy get a shot of promicin? What adult is going to give it to him? "Hey kid, sorry about your folks and the plane crash. Here's a shot: Fifty-Fifty chance you survive or join your folks." :rolleyes:

They kind of glossed over that.

4. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I'm sure it was the same way kids get drugs or alcohol today. They want it. They find someone willing to get it for them.

5. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO

Advertisements

How interesting that all the memories shown when they connected were happy ones, none of watching friends and loved one dying after taking the shot. It was cool to see the chick from invasion, the darked haired women who could take away anxiety.

6. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Awesome episode. Glad to see that the story seems to be moving along quite nicely so far this season.

I thought what they did with Kyle's dad was kind of cheap. Going into the commercial, I thought for sure they had actually given him the promicin, only to find out it was a sedative. That sucked. I was really hoping he had actually been injected. The places that could have gone are very intrguing.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    On the other hand, the one place they COULDN'T go is back. It seems to me before you make a radical change in the status quo of a show, you need to get everything you can out of the current status quo, and I don't think they're anywhere near that yet.

But they've certainly set the stage for when they ARE ready to make a big change, and let's face it--4400izing Tom will be a serious change in the status quo!

8. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    So eating the pie was like drinking the kool-aid? :)

So that whole group is moving to Seattle? That should be interesting ...

9. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    It took me a while to remember it was Larkin. I wonder what is in the crystallized anxiety? Could you use it to create anxiety in an otherwise calm person?

"It is pure crystallized EVIL!"

I guess lots of people can donate promicin now.

They have a heck of an alarm system.

10. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Status quo, Schmatus Quo. If they were planning to go that way, they should go that way. Not punk out and do the cheap theatrics of making the audience believe they made him take the shot, and it was a sedative. :rolleyes:

(Maybe I'm mad because they totally sucked me in. :eek:)

11. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    There was no reason to believe it was promycin. Every promycin shot we've ever seen has been very obviously green and the shot given to Tom wasn't.

12. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Only the fact that they showed them harvesting the promycin, had them talk endlessly about how Tom has to take the promycin for the movement to succeed, and showed Kyle crying WHILE they were giving him the shot. Yeah. No reason at all. :rolleyes:

I just assumed the vials in the gun they were using were opaque, and didn't let the green show through, or they ran out of budget for the glowy liquid or something. But I think every other shot of promycin has been from a syringe, come to think of it.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I think they ARE going that way--just not yet. They're laying the groundwork.

14. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    It tooke me until this thread! I recognized the actress, but couldn't place her. Then I read earlier in this thread, "the chick from Invasion" (or something like that). :)

15. Church AV Guy

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    The stuff is Prestone anti-freeze, just like all the other strange-looking vials of weird glowing liquid in so many other shows. Ethylene glycol fluoresces in an eery way that make it ideal for such purposes.

16. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I knew she looked familier :rolleyes:

17. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

She was also in FreakyLinks.

18. Church AV Guy

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Does Martin Cummins usually play bad guys? I remember him as Ames White from Dark Angel, where he played a creepy bad guy. Now he can join Stillson as being most likely to want to avoid gaining political power. They have to trust Maia's visions!