The 4400 - 07/01/2007 - S04E03 - "Audrey Parker's Come and Gone"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by drew2k, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Jul 2, 2007 #1 of 34
    drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

I'm enjoying the writing much more this season, and I'm especially enjoying the return to the "ability of the week" (AOTW?) plots, while slowly moving the season arc along. This was a nice episode with the Audrey character, even though I pegged the nurse's son as the killer as soon as we saw Audrey had died.

Here's one thing Kyle needs to realize about his own ability: He's essentially talking to himself (with Claire? Not sure if that was her name), trying to convince himself that he should trust himself. If he thinks back, he should realize that he told himself to give Shawn the promicin to wake him from his coma, and he should realize that he told himself to go to that house to look at the cult's history. If he realizes this, he'd have an easier time trusting himself, because how would he have known to go to the house in the first place, and how did he even know the cult existed? (OK, that was just a weird paragraph to type ... and I hope it makes sense.)

2. Jul 2, 2007 #2 of 34
    pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    While I did enjoy this weeks episode, I feel quite the opposite about the return to the "Ability of the Week" trend. Personally, I hate it and feel that it cheapens the show a bit. They're OK (and even welcomed) occasionally, but that's all we've had all season now. Smallville's "Freak of the Week" is what turned me off from that show, and while liking the premise, I couldn't get past the first season.

I suppose I'm just very intigued by the underlying story about the history/plans/future of the 4400 in general and I want to see more of Collier, Kyle and his new found cult, and Sean's effect on society with the founding of his healing center. Admittedly, we did get a good bit about Sean this week, which was welcome.

Still a great show to fill the summer.

3. Jul 2, 2007 #3 of 34
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    At least this season, they're using the Freak of the Week to move the main story along. That's a relief after their very lengthy, Billy Campbell-imposed stasis.

4. Jul 2, 2007 #4 of 34
    unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I'm really enjoying this season so far.

So, is Kyle suppose to help Isabelle now? Do you think those guys were telling her the truth about what would happen to her if she were to ever take promicin. I, personally, think they were full of it.

5. Jul 2, 2007 #5 of 34
    PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

Advertisements

How long do you think Diana's boyfriend is going to hang around while she continues to work for the government when she's supposed to be looking for her sister? I'm guessing he won't be around for long.

6. Jul 2, 2007 #6 of 34
    pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah, they did kind of set that up last night, didn't they?

7. Jul 2, 2007 #7 of 34
    MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000

Do we know for a fact that she is *really* his ability? Has anyone seen anything to confirm this? Personally, I get the feeling that she's simply manipulating him and is in fact an external presence. (I don't know what that would be .. maybe she's someone else's power... maybe she's a projection into his mind from the future .. just something other than it seems)

8. Jul 2, 2007 #8 of 34
    WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    If Kathy's (according to IMDB, I thought it was Cassie) working with the people that created Isabel instead of the people that created the "original recipe" folks, Kyle could be the prophet for the bad guys. I think the jury is still out on Jordan Collier being the good guy.

9. Jul 3, 2007 #9 of 34
    catcard

catcard MoxiDVR

Mar 2, 2001
    Honey...
    Yes, I also think she is a manipulative force being guided by someone else's ability. Whoever it is needs a gullible scapegoat....

It was interesting to see the Audrey character being portrayed by the actress who is the evil Helena Cassadine from General Hospital.

10. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    A bit of sloppy writing this week, but the show still holds enough intrigue to see how they're going to play it all out. I can't believe they wrote Diana as such a bad mom, though.

11. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    How do you figure?

12. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    As protective as she's been of Maya in the past, I can't believe she'd fly half way around the world and leave her - with anyone.

13. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    well finally the daughter is back. Insane to think she would be left alone.

wasn't there a show (raines) about some guy talking to himself. Maybe they stole the idea :)

so how did he himself know where the van would crash?

14. unicorngoddess

unicorngoddess Wooooonicorngodess

Nov 19, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    She left Maia with her boyfriend (or have the actually gotten married yet?) Whatever the case, Maia had the vision that they were going to get married and be a family, so I assume Maia thinks of him as "daddy" now so it doesn't seem too strange to me that Dianna would leave Maia with him.

15. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Agreed....hence, my question above.

16. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Disagreed. I'm not saying she doesn't trust her boyfriend. I'm saying she used to be very protective of her 4400 child. And now she just flies around the world without her for an indeterminate amount of time. Very odd - for any parent, let alone one with her history. Hell, I have trouble leaving my sons for a week to fly to California and I'm leaving them with their biological mom and they don't have any special abilities people hunt you down for.

17. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    For the sake of argument (after all, that's what it's all about :p ), given Maia's powers, intellect and maturity, I wouldn't worry too much about leaving her alone.

18. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    yes, but at the very least, she would MISS her...I can't be away from my kids for more than 2 days before I start counting the seconds till I see them again...

as for the girl, I think she's Kyle's ability...he didn't die from taking the promicin, so unless he develops another ability, the logical assumption is that this is it...

19. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    I'll add
    I don't think he advertised the fact that he took promycin, so if she were an outside force, how would she have known that he had taken it and that some other ability had already manifested itself.

She's his ability.

20. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    If she were from the future, she could know it some other way.

It does make sense that he needs to develop an ability, so if it isn't her, what is it? I'm still not sold on her being trustworthy, though.