1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2000s on CNN - all episodes

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Jul 8, 2018 #1 of 26
    cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I'd imagine the episode will be similar in format and style as the earlier shows (e.g. The Nineties, The Eighties, etc.)

Official site: The 2000s - CNN

sharkster and brianric like this.
  2. Jul 8, 2018 #2 of 26
    brianric

brianric Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Thank you. One Pass set.

3. Jul 8, 2018 #3 of 26
    jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Seems like yesterday

cwerdna and Regina like this.
  4. Jul 8, 2018 #4 of 26
    That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Hopefully, it won't be like The Eighties, in that there were five pre-emptions - three of which were for the same episode. (The reasons ranged from "Prince died" to "We're waiting to see if candidate Trump is going to speak at some event he's at.")

cwerdna likes this.
  5. Jul 8, 2018 #5 of 26
    foghorn2

foghorn2 Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Las Vegas
    The decade series on Nat Geo is way better, the CNN stuff is all dead boring filler.

6. Jul 9, 2018 #6 of 26
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I liked it. It's interesting how they always do a supersized episode about TV and the rest are regular episodes. I wonder if they will do a supersized 9/11 episode? I would also imagine that a few of these will get pre-empted as I expect some political news will hit during the summer.

7. Jul 9, 2018 #7 of 26
    That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    There has been at least one non-TV 2-hour episode; I think it was about the JFK assassination. The problem with the 2-hour episodes is, they're harder to repeat as you have to extend the time slot for them.

mattack likes this.
  8. Jul 9, 2018 #8 of 26
    mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    As much as I hate 'repeats', I'm a sucker for shows like this, and "top 50 sitcoms ever" type shows.

I still watch 'em in QuickMode.. (I actually would have downloaded and watched it in VLC, but for some reason the download fails even though I download it in transport stream format.. trying to figure that out in the kmttg forum.)

9. Jul 9, 2018 #9 of 26
    jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Seems weird to see a show talking about "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad" like it's nostalgia

cwerdna likes this.
  10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, it was bad enough watching the 80s and the 90s, both of which occurred entirely in my adulthood. But this was ridiculous! ;)

11. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    Where did you find it to download? I've been unable to locate it.

12. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Middlebury, VT
    I recorded this first one. I have yet to watch. I wonder if there will be anything about my patriots and their 3 superbowls in 4 years..... :)

brianric likes this.
  13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The problem with those is they are just two recent and most of their run was in this decade, not the 2000s. They probably should have not included it.

I love these types of shows, even recent history. Sometimes they give me a perspective that I haven't thought about. And unlike some of these types of shows CNN has folks relative to the events in some way shape or form speaking about them for the most part. Nothing worse than some of these shows that speak to people about them who had ZERO to do with them. Usually some D list celebrity.

14. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I agree with the sentiment, though to be fair, both shows did premier in the 2000s and it helped support the point of the Platinum Age of Television to show how basic cable channels (like AMC) figured out they could do what HBO was doing even if there were commericals

15. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Thanks for the heads up. I also like these kind of shows. My only hesitation is that these shows on CNN tend to be sporadic, in that episodes get pushed back for 'breaking news' stuff. I totally get that, but it's no less frustrating. Furthermore, a good percentage of 'breaking news' is not breaking news at all.

I've watched the others, though, as much as possible, and always enjoyed them.

16. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Yeah I have gotten pretty annoyed with this nonsense. We have watched I think all of the 80s and most of the 90s. I have told my wife to just delete the season pass and that I don't care enough to deal with all the pre-emptions. We haven't give up just yet though. I think she set one for this but who knows if it will actually record.

sharkster likes this.
  17. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I've watched a few of these episodes OnDemand but they usually don't appear until a few weeks after they air.

18. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    We only have 2 Tivo Premieres so no OnDemand for us. I guess maybe CNN might be in the FiOS app but haven't looked.

19. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ???

No, download FROM MY TIVO... (which as I said, didn't work, since it came out audio only, even though I did download it in transport stream mode).

20. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though they did yet again repeat the lie about Mad Men being AMC's first original show. (No, they didn't say first POPULAR original show.) I'm not even absolutely sure this was the first, but "Remember WENN" was definitely way way earlier. Yes, it was a very low budget sitcom, but I still liked it.