That 70's Show series finale May 18th.

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ClutchBrake, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...

Advertisements

Looks like it all ends 5/18. Though I haven't really gotten into the show this year it has been brilliant over the years. Farewell!

Link to Comingsoon.net article.

2. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    Wow I didnt realize the show was still making new episodes. I thought it had been cancelled years ago and was in reruns. Shows you how much I know aboot it!

3. Rob Dawn

Rob Dawn Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Colorado...
    I never understood why they tried to keep the show around with Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher leaving. I've been watching it this year just because I've been watching it for so many years. It's been OK, but just not the same without Eric and Kelso.

Rob

4. mgar

mgar New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    San Joaquin...
    I agree that the show has not been up to par this year. They should have quit last year while they were still producing great episodes. It certainly is not the same show without Topher.

5. scheckeNYK

scheckeNYK New Member

Apr 28, 2004

Advertisements

I haven't really gotten any 70s Show recordings in a while. I did get some for the new season, but its not on every week. I know it started late, and then there was the typical hiatus over the holidays. Is it back on again?

6. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    It was Donna's blonde hair that killed it! :D

7. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I love watching older episodes-they are the best. I haven't watched this season-not opposed to it, just haven't stumbled across it. Not sure why. Must be sure to watch finale. Will the whole gang come back together?

Sidenote: Redd looks and acts so much like my best friends dad, it's uncanny. Her sister went to a charity thing in Louisville this past spring, met the guy that plays Redd and had her picture taken with him. It's the greatest.

8. sschwart

sschwart It sucks to be me

Apr 4, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    I think it's about time for it to go away... I hope that they can get Topher back for the finale though.

9. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    I agree with sschwart. It was a great show but it's time to let it go. The show isn't as good without Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher. It's time for them to grow up and be adults. And that's a show I don't want to watch.

10. skinnyjm

skinnyjm I'm Grumpy???

Feb 10, 2005
    Milky Way
    I would have to disagree with that! :D

I was sure that once Topper left, it wouldn't last long.
    The show was really all about his character.
    And afterall,
    FOX wanted to kill it after 1 season, until it won an Emmy that same year.
    Hasn't won anything (except fans) since. :( AFAIK, which isn't much.

11. Zzot

Zzot New Member

Feb 9, 2005
    There are two reasons why this show had to end soon:
    1) The main character (Eric) leaves the show. Duh!
    2) This show had a built in deadline. It's called "That 70's Show" which means that it takes place in the 70's. Also, by basing it on kids, especially teenagers, there are certain timeline events that occur that force the characters to split apart. The only way to get around this is to separate themselves from the calendar. They have no 'kids' that will age too fast for them to get away with this like the Cosby kids. They should have 'slowed' time. Not as drastically as 24, but if they make the calendar fairly genaric, then they don't have to worry about normal milestones (like graduating from school) having to occur.

12. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Aren't most of the "kids" in their 40's by now? :)

Bob

13. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    That definitely did it for me. :)

14. sschwart

sschwart It sucks to be me

Apr 4, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    It certainly didn't help things. She looked *so* much better as a redhead.

15. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    Kelso has been on a few episodes this season - I think he agreed to appear on 5 or 6 episodes total for the season.

I hope Eric comes back from Africa for one final circle! Hey Hyde! It's 4:19. Got a minute?

16. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    It's definately not as good as it once was, but it's still pretty funny. It is time for it to go though. I'm sure they will get Eric and Kelso back for the finale.

17. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Thankfully another laughtrack-filled sitcom is canned.

18. dvdapex

dvdapex New Member

Nov 13, 2002
    Madison, WI
    I consider it a mercy killing. Ever since the few shows up to the failed wedding, the show has been horrible.

19. msgtgumby

msgtgumby Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Virginia
    So what's been going on this season? Anyone give a run down? I know pretty much the first ep of the season and that's it, heh. That new guy annoyed me so much I stopped watching. Need to play catch up so I can watch the end :)

20. cancermatt

cancermatt No Pop Culture Here.

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...
    It's good to see it go... it wasn't this season that it started going downhill, last couple... anytime a new character is brought in, it can't be good news. I do think the timeline has hit the 80s though, since the last 4 years have been in 79, I believe...

I remember at the beginning of the season, the actor playing Fez trying to con everyone by saying "this is the best season ever" in interviews. But I knew better.

Biggest thing is the finale will mark episode 200, i believe. The show has been running for syndication, just like Malcolm, which just happens to be canned at the end of the year as well.