Thanks TiVo Support

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TrueEddie, Jul 6, 2011.

1. TrueEddie

TrueEddie Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I often see a lot of bashing of TiVo support, and I thought it would be nice to share a positive story.

Yesterday I got home from work to find all of my clocks flashing, apparently the power had went out while I was away. I turned on my Premiere and no shows were showing up on the now playing(My Shows) list and I couldn't get to any of the settings menus. I called TiVo support believing there was a problem with the box. The friendly customer service representative(CSR) determined the TiVo was having trouble accessing the internet. The CSR spent over an hour on the phone with me troubleshooting. This included re-booting the TiVo, connecting and disconnecting the network adapters, changing the network settings on the TiVo, etc. Eventually it turned out that the hub the TiVo was connected to seams to have stopped working (I'm guessing because of a power surge). All of the lights on the device still come on but it does nothing else, which is why it was hard to figure out.

So basically TiVo support went out of their way to help me with a network issue that had nothing to do with the TiVo, and they did it while being friendly the whole time.

Thanks TiVo support!

2. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Actually they didn't go out of their way, because their job was to troubleshoot the issue and this includes seeing if it's a network issue, if your Tivo is connected to your network. It makes perfect sense that they would do this because it ensures their product is not to blame so a warranty claim is avoided.

But glad you had a good experience, many of us have not been so lucky.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I see material for a Jimmy Fallon Thank You note here:

Thank You TiVo Customer Service, for occasionally being helpful. :cool:

4. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I don't have any stats but i am sure the TiVo CSRs are helpful more than just occasionally, it just the times when people think the CSRs are not that helpful or make an error that a post comes on this form.