Thanks for the memories

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Orient Express, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Orient Express

Orient Express New Member

Sep 18, 2006

Advertisements

Well, it is time to move on the the HR20-700. I want to thank all of the contributors to this forum for the great support you have been with my Tivo HR10.

We pulled the plug on it last week, and moved to the HR20. The move was relatively painless, and the new unit seems to work just fine with all of the features that were important to us intact on the new box. The interface is a little different, and I am still figuring out the shortcuts. I was able to reprogram my Logitech Harmony remote so that the buttons do the exact same thing with the new box. Because of that, my wife was able to feel comfortable with the new box immediately.

All in all it was an easy move, with only some installer paperwork and scheduling snafus.

I used these screw-ups to my advantage to get DTV to pay me for the transisiton $25 and to waive the HD and DVR charges for a year. My installation was for two HR20s and the new dish. Dealing with a big company like DTV can have its advantages, especially when their one hand does not know what the other is doing!

Again thanks for all of the great discussions, and support. I hope to see you again in the DBStalk and other forums.

2. milominderbinder

milominderbinder New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Chicagoland
  3. coachO

coachO New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    near...
    My power supply and hard drive failed on my hr10-250 so they sent me a hr20-700. The only thing I can not get used to is the lack of dual buffers.

I am keeping my 2nd hr10-250, just no real reason to convert it.