Thanks Ebonovic, and D*!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by oldguy, Jan 23, 2006.

1. oldguy

oldguy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    After help from ebonovic on this forum, I found a problem with my hr10-250 was just when one local was using tuner 2 (this is an hr10-250, btw).

I called the D* CSR line in IDAHO and a VERY nice young lady almost immediately got a tech on a conference call and he verified it might be my receiver. The young lady said that, although I didn't have the D* protection plan for $7.99/mo she could add one to my account (covers BOTH my receivers, dish etc) and she would waive the usual 30 day waiting period. That way they could send me a replacement receiver right away. Now this was Friday evening. She said 2 business day Fedex shipment; be he on Tues. or Wed. I am having my morning coffee this Monday A.M about 9:30AM and the doorbell rings. It is Fedex with my new receiver and a paid for return shipping label. (from what I can tell, this is a brand new unit; not a refurb).

I installed the new receiver and after actvation and verifying I had even stronger signal than before and all was fine, I called the Fedex return phone provided by D*. The Fedex CSR asked what time THIS evening thay could pick it up! About an hour later they were here and gone.

Oh, the new replacement receiver carries a two year commitment on activation (so, what's 6 more months?)

Now, is that service or what?

I said before I was reluctant to give out hte Idaho D* number because I am afraid they will get swamped with calls from people tired of talking to someone in the Phillipines or India and change the number, like they did for the retention group,

But, here it is: 1-800-739-4388. That bunch KNOWS what they are doing!

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    :D

Thank you very much... glad it worked out.

And I only give back what I have gotten from the forum...
    Enjoy your replacement HR10-250

3. bdlucas

bdlucas Right side up again.

Feb 15, 2004
    Exurbia
    Wow, this keeps up and I may have a hard time jumping ship back to cable when the cablecard TiVo comes out!

4. Aquatic

Aquatic New Member

Nov 26, 2002
    JCP -...
    That number is available in then "CONTACT US" portion of the website.. in fact, I just called 'em last night about my rebate and was happily rewarded with a fat $200 credit! Dunno if it's Idaho, or just better training lately, but I'm a happy camper with D*....not that I've ever been very upset with them anyway.

5. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    nice to see everyone sharing the joy

6. Cody21

Cody21 New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    El Cerrito, Ca
    Group hug time ... Finally !