Thank you to Margret

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Walter Lambert, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jan 8, 2012 #1 of 98
    Walter Lambert

Walter Lambert Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Oklahoma City

Advertisements

Thank you for your effort to provide an early release on the new update. I received the update last night and was "blown away" with the improvements. The 20.2 update is much more stable, responsive, and attractive than 14.9. In addition, the quality of my picture has improved, pixelation has been eliminated, and the speed is slightly better.

My first purchase of a Tivo goes back to the beginning (I was in the first few thousand users) with one turner and 14 meg memory. I thought that it was a "miracle" and told everyone I knew about this amazing machine. Well, the premiere elite and this new update revives my original wonder and enthusiasm. I know that there are still improvements to be made, and everything about any electronic device is always at a "knock on wood status", but this is an amazing machine.

2. Jan 8, 2012 #2 of 98
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I would also like to thank Margret. I have been a Tivo owner for over a decade and remember a time when Tivo employees were very active on this forum and helpful. It's great that we have some of that back and I hope it continues.

3. Jan 8, 2012 #3 of 98
    crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Add my thanks, yet again, to Margret and some others I know who are behind the scenes that helped with this new level cooperation, communication, and openness. As another very long term TiVo customer, I have seen TiVo go from greatness then slowly slide to an all-time low over the last year. Everyone here wants TiVo to continue to grow and prosper. You are giving hope to a LOT of people.

4. Jan 8, 2012 #4 of 98
    Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    yaaaaa! I got my update and Im loving it. Thanks Margret and tivo! :up::up:

5. Jan 8, 2012 #5 of 98
    magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas

Advertisements

I've not got the update and likely won't get it till everyone does but from the look of things...Tivo is headed in the right direction.

I like that Margret is on twitter and tivocommunity letting us know what is going on. This seems like a much better approach to customer service from Tivo. I have to say that I'm impressed with that.

Keep up the great work Margret and Tivo staff..... now I'm just hoping for multi-room scheduling (whole home Tivo).

6. Jan 8, 2012 #6 of 98
    jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Yes, thanks. The cross talk has been excellent.

I know that TiVo hired a new Communications lead a few months back. Hopefully this is a trend in openness starting at the Corporate level, and not a single leader putting her neck out for an extremely interested group.

Also, I hope that we can all continue with the same excellent tone and inquiries that these recent updates have prompted from the board. History shows it only takes a few bad apples to ruin a good thing.

7. Jan 8, 2012 #7 of 98
    TivoManiac

TivoManiac Member

Dec 20, 2001
    I've emailed Margret, but how do I upgrade? I have the premiere elite. I go into network and force a connection, but at the end it just shows suceeded. How do I force an upgrade?

Thanks

8. Jan 8, 2012 #8 of 98
    JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    She's stopped taking requests. If you got in before the deadline, you have to give it a day or two (they had a big backlog). Otherwise you just have to wait the 2-3 weeks for the update to roll out to everyone

9. Jan 8, 2012 #9 of 98
    danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    They stopped taking update requests at 4:30 Friday, I think. Everyone that go in before that should have gotten in.

10. Goldwing2001

Goldwing2001 Goldwing2001

Sep 30, 2006
    Honolulu,...
    I want to thank Margret and her staff for the great improvements and making software upgrades exciting and fun again! :)

11. Torgo

Torgo Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Yes, thanks Margret, the Tivo team and Jonathan (who apparently worked late nights and Saturday to get all the requests put in so all of us who emailed before the deadline got the update).

Everyone, please leave at least this thread clear of "but...", enough griping and b*itching everywhere else, let's have one thread that stays positive!

12. HenryFarpolo

HenryFarpolo Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Andover Ma
    In too many companies executives would rather labor under the cloak of anonymity, than have any interaction with their customers.

It is refreshing to see someone like Margret who is willing to put herself forward to listen and deal with both the good and bad aspects of her product. TIVO is a good product only to be made better by someone like Margret. KUDO's++.

13. bikegeek

bikegeek Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Amesbury, MA
    Thanks Margret for the update and for getting right out there on Twitter and communicating with us.

14. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    According to Margret on Twitter, the list is back open. If you've already emailed you're on the list and if you haven't emailed in, do so now

15. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I want to thank Margret even thought I don't have a Premiere. Her participation with us here on TCF reminds me of the days when I first joined.
    That act alone makes me think more positive things about TiVo Inc. I hope it becomes a trend. :up::up:

16. DCleary

DCleary New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Thanks indeed.

17. JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    The update to 20.2 is reopened!

18. zowwie85

zowwie85 New Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    I emailed on Friday morning and got the update overnight last night. Actually I didn't even realize I'd gotten it for a few hours after waking up this morning... was talking on the phone and realized that "something" looked just slightly different about SDUI. Sure enough, I went into settings and found version 20.2... reset both boxes to HDUI and it looks great!

Thanks Margret!!

19. wood252ota

wood252ota Member

Apr 19, 2008
    where was it announced that there was a 20.2 signup list ?
    Also very glad to see the Tivo people back here. I missed Jerry :)

20. zowwie85

zowwie85 New Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    It was in the original long thread about 20.2 IIRC, someone had posted that one could tweet one's TSN to Margret, then someone else recommended email (since it's not public). All you have to do is find one of her postings, click the username, and choose email user.