Thank you for the suggestion!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Ruth, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Ruth

Ruth Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Anchorage,...
    I keep suggestions turned on, and sometimes I think about turning them off . . . it gets very cluttery in my S1 TiVo (no folders, and I have lots of empty space). And most of what it suggests for me is crap.

But every once in a great while, they just totally rock . . .

So TiVo #1 has a Lost season pass. Of course it does. Love that show! Well, it recorded the clip show, and the brand new episode immediately after did not record. Lost has a 10 min. pad, so the clipping mechanism didn't click in and catch the second show.

Of course this is my fault for not checking out my ToDo list and making adjustments, but man! I was all excited to sit down and see the new Lost, and I was *really* super bummed when I saw the show wasn't there. :(

And then I thought, well, maybe, just maybe, nothing was recording on TiVo #2, and it decided to pick up Lost as a suggestion. I mean, that would totally be a crazy fluke, but it couldn't hurt to check . . .

And there it was! Whew! :up: for suggestions!

Suggestions ever make you smile?

2. Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003
    Damn you S1 TiVo with suggestions!!

I predicted you would fall victim to this last evening and was hoping to come to the rescue. TiVo is coming dangerously close to eliminating the need for me as a hero. I bet it doesn't look nearly as good in tights though. :)

[​IMG]

3. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    When my TiVo records shows in Spanish, that makes me smile. :)

4. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    mine suggested a show on OLN called samurai sportsman it was kick ass, a samurai that traveled the earth like cain in kung fu to learn how to bass fish and shoot bows. it was awesome.

5. BeanMeScot

BeanMeScot Sci-Fi Junkie

Apr 17, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I got a bunch of spanish shows one time. I wonder why? I don't speak spanish and don't watch spanish shows.

6. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I've seen that before. My best guess is that a lot of shows have a Spanish secondary audio track, so they list show Spanish as one of the show categories.

When the TiVo's suggestion engine looks for shows similar to ones you've given a thumbs up, it sees thumbs up for a whole lot of shows that list Spanish as an attribute. So it then picks other shows with Spanish as an attribute and suggests them.

But that is just my guess.