Terra Nova "The Runaway" (10/17/11) [SPOILERS!]

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RGM1138, Oct 17, 2011.

1. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Huh, shades of 'Aliens.' I almost expected the doctor to offer Newt some hot cocoa.

Mira must be soulless, letting a child run around in the jungle. The kid would just be a bite-sized snack for most of the wildlife there.

I hate when they reveal a big plot point, but cut it short with "You'll see." Lame.

Seems the young marine is comin' a courtin'. Like L'il Abner.

ETA: There may be trouble in paradise. FOX is airing a repeat of House instead next week. Never a good sign.

2. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Taylor: "The answer is 'NO' ... that's an order!" :confused:

I think somebody should be proofing some of the writing before filming. :rolleyes:

3. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    :up::up::up:

4. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Yeah, I kept expecting her to say "The dinosaurs mostly come out at night...Mostly."

5. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Nowhere Special
    You sure it's not The World Series? A few of the shows I watch on other networks have gone into Repeat this and next week.

World Series, Game 5 (if necessary), 8:05pm EST Monday, October 24.....on FOX.

--Carlos V.

6. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    You may be right, I forgot about the Series. I guess they didn't want to schedule a rerun of TN so soon.

7. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    As tweeted by Trainman, if only they had technology to see inside of that box.

Something that uses radiation perhaps, or sonics.

8. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    And, of course, they put it into a flimsy cabinet where something can crawl out, or maybe it'll start radiating like the Ark of the Covenant.

Or maybe, there's a handwritten note on how to get Back to The Future! (Oh, no).

9. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    Hell, even just analyze the box itself.. is it from the current planet, or did it come back with someone that came through the rift.

10. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I am glad the little girl looks to be a one time character. Little kids can wreck shows if they become the focus. Not a great episode but definately leading (we hope) up to some reveals about what is really going on.

11. Dmtalon

Dmtalon I love Tivo...

Dec 27, 2003
    West...
    My hope is that the writers have an outline of where these plots are headed and not making stuff up on the run.

Other than that, this is scifi and I am enjoying it. I do however get the feeling that most on here simply watch so you can make fun of it. I think you guys should be writing shows, not just posting about how bad they are.

Whats the real reason they are there? Are they really in the same time line, (i.e they did find the probe but hide that fact and are using the past to redirect the future? Thats what popped in my head when Mira was talking). Is the thing in the box a device that allows them to go back to 2149, or at least communicate whenever they want?

I hope that both, the people interested and haters keep watching so the ratings are good enough to get through some of the background plots going on.

Terra Nova scored a 2.7 adults 18-49 rating, up 8 percent from last week from Here

12. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Eh, I watch it mainly as filler. It's ok, but not great. If they killed off all 3 kids, you'd probably get better storylines. The daughter and her romance: yawn. The son and his daddy issues: snore. Any scene with the youngest daughter: fast forward.

I do hope it does well enough to stay around for a bit, and flesh out some of the larger story arcs. Plus it's always good to have more successful sci-fi shows on the schedule even if it's just to encourage networks to give new sci-fi shows a shot.

13. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Though I agree with some of the flaws pointed out, overall I enjoy this series, and I think this ep was better than the last two.

I'm not that thrilled with some of the "human interest" stuff, but I did get a few laughs from the soldier boy. Courting? I thought that was outdated 85M years ago! :p And I loved Jim's comment. "You realize I carry a gun and have a quick temper". :D

14. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Bored... SP deleted.

15. jpicard

jpicard Member

Oct 25, 2004
    slc ut
    This show is rumored to only be running for 13 episodes and then be done. They say that it is too expensive to produce and so there isn't going to be a renewal after the initial 13. Too bad really.
    While not a super stellar show, it is a fun and entertain watch. I sure hope that they have a wrap up in mind for the finale.
    I sure enjoyed the scenery of the location where it was filmed.

16. Hcour

Hcour Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Thought the same thing at that line. IOW, "We need to tease this out for a lot longer so expect a lot more filler to come as the season goes on..."

17. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    The whole exchange between sheriff Shannon the the sixers leader had a lot of dialogue, but nothing was said.

18. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    what son with daddy issues? that was resolved on the first episode and never came back, right?

and it had a purpose...he went outside, saw the drawings (introduced the main story arc, basically), and we got some cool action (kids being attacked, people dying, last minute rescue, etc.)...all in all, the kid with daddy issue story was short, served its purpose, and has not come back.

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The Sixers would all be dead if I were the Commander.

20. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I love how the Sixers keep rushing up to the gate and "negotiate"! the compound in front of them and the nearest trees are hundreds of yards away. No way to take cover and nowhere to run. You are right, of course, the Sixers should have been dead the second time they did that.