Terra Nova Season finale

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DavidTigerFan, Dec 19, 2011.

1. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    Ok, I've been watching all season so now I'm watching this waiting to see how they screw it up.

Firstly, if e terminus is the only position they can come through, why not move it? Put it into a location that is easily defendable. Secondly, what commander doesn't think to watch for suicide bombers or bombs rolling through? Why would they put the majority of the forces Right by the gate?

Oh and now I see that the bad guys have won. Looks like we have another stupid series like Battlestar Galactica.

2. DavidTigerFan

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    So the Sheriff was in the back where the rocket launcher was. Couldn't he have done some sort of sabotage? Hell, just kill Lucas.

3. DavidTigerFan

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    Why would the bad guys worry about scanning in cargo before they send it to the future? Talk about manufactured drama.

4. DavidTigerFan

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    Why does Jim need to go back to 2149? Couldn't they have just put the bomb in the cargo container on a timer?

5. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Any cliches that they forgot to include?

And when I saw the masthead, my first thought was, "They're not in Earth's past; they're far in Earth's future, after humans became extinct and somehow the dinosaurs repopulated the planet." (Then I realized that the continents wouldn't be where they were if that was the case - at least not without that masthead long having become sawdust first.)

And what stops the people in 2149 from just building another portal? It's not as if they forgot how to do it...

6. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    So was this the series finale? I can't imagine Fox bringing this back seeing as the ratings weren't good..

7. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    so S2 is a reset with another e-terminus in the Badlands that Lucas/Sixers/Phoenix have to get working to return.

Another cliche: Good guys always have to struggle to get away when damaged. Bad guys just slip away without a sound even though mortally wounded. :)

8. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Because he is the son of a friend.

Where do they get such a timer, outpost xyz?

9. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I enjoyed it. Yeah, the show as a whole is cliched and plot-hole ridden, but I like the characters and I'm a sucker for time travel.

10. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Hmm, a ship's maidenhead found in the Badlands . . maybe that's where the Bermuda Triangle empties out. :cool: (You heard it here first).

Why didn't the baddies just kill everyone left at the fort and torch the rest of it? Lucas is certainly crazy and vindictive enough to do it.

I guess I blinked when they folded that 30 foot Crankysauras into a 10 foot cargo container. I think Spielberg must harbor a fetish for having dinos use humans as chew toys.

Why they wanna kill off the hot women? D'amn.

No more meds, no new tech, new batteries for the Walkmans or any other support coming back so looks like the Novans are F*^#'d. Might as well enjoy the meteor shower, cuz you folks is gonna die.

11. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Am I the only one yelling at Taylor during the father/son hugfest? I realize he's the jerks father, but he didn't see that stab coming??

12. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I've got a lot of problems with this show, but one thing I love is how they made the bad guys so bad! First the rich guy with his "napalm it all" attitude towards the ecosystem, who pops the brachiosaurus in the head and kills him without a second thought - evil! (And it was so satisfying for that carno to snack on him in the end!)

And Taylor's rotten kid - what can you say? He is absolutely irredeemable.

13. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Remember, as far as the 2149ers ("I get it...49ers") are concerned, it's not "their" ecosystem. It's part of a standard 4X strategy - explore, expand, exploit, exterminate.

There's a wildcard: Mira. They never do say what happened to her. Is she with Phoenix now?

My gut feeling is "yes," but there are reports that the show is getting "good overseas numbers." Still, they have to weigh this against the cost and time it takes to make the show. It may depend on how, for example, Alcatraz does; if they need something to fill the timeslot, they'll probably renew it.
    (I just wonder how long the special effects take - they may have to start the next season in Spring 2013 if they hold off too long on the renewal decision.)

At least they didn't kill off all of the creatures and just turn it into a family drama that just happens to take place 85 million years in the past...yet. (This would solve both the time and money problems.)

14. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Since presumedly she's found out Taylor ordered Hope Plaza blown up, preventing reuniting her family forever, she's joining the bad guys in the Badlands or going solo Rambo to kill Taylor.

Fox ordered all episodes for the season at once as the production and set design costs were so high in AUS for this type of show. Since we haven't heard anything about a renewal I think we can put this one to bed it's not coming back....at least not in S1 form.

15. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yes, but remember, the PG took the new stargate with them and that's where they'll be able to go Back To The Future. (To coin a phrase).

But, they'll probably screw over Mira and she'll end up with Taylor, fighting the PG.

If they get another season.

16. kettledrum

kettledrum Active Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Fishers, IN
    I noticed the viewer discretion tag used for this episode and wondered what they were going to do, and it was definitely more violent than the other episodes.

17. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    The weapon had a built in timer. Didn't the female soldier explain to Jim how to set it?

I do agree that it was silly that somebody had to go back to set it though.

18. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I don't think it was a question of having to set the timer; I think it was a question of having to place the bomb. He took it into the complex and dropped it down some kind of conduit. Presumably, if it just blew up the cargo bay it wouldn't have rendered the facility unusable.

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The Terra Novans are all kinds of stupid. I don't know why Skye and Taylor didn't kill Taylor Jr. when I was yelling at them.

20. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I know it's only a TV show, but ... :D

Didn't the bad guys say how much of the forrest the bomb would be able to clear? It was a big area.

I'm sure the bomb would've been enough to render Hope Station unusable even if it detonated right after it came out of the portal.