Terra Nova "Now You See Me" 11/28/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by BrandonRe, Nov 29, 2011.

1. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Enjoyed the reference: "Jim, I'm a doctor, not a chemist!"

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    There's a part of me that was hoping the big dino would gulp down the little dino at the end...I can just see the look on Zoe's face. :D

3. GAViewer

GAViewer Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Even before the adult dinosaur appeared I thought something needs to jump out of the bushes and eat the little one.

4. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Obviously, great evil minds think alike. :D

5. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, now we know what everyone's purpose is here. (To coin a phrase). I suspect that, at some point, Taylor and Mira will be fighting on the same side.

6. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    On AMC or FX maybe. But a family drama on Fox? It's gotta be unicorns and rainbows for the kiddies.

7. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I was so hoping that would happen. :D

8. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I know it's a TV show and I have to suspend belief, but after putting Terranova on lockdown to look for the spy, they want us to believe that they left the DNA sample unguarded overnight??? :rolleyes: Lazy writing.

I must say that I didn't see Skye as the spy, and def. not that she was being blackmailed to keep her Mom alive (she was being blackmailed, right?)

I'm glad that they also advanced the story regarding the sixers. Good comeback with "I'm approaching 1100 days." That shut up Taylor.

9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yes, although coerced might be a more apt term.

I wonder if/when Taylor finds out, he'll chuck her out the gate.

10. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I was thinking that the Ankylosaurus-like dino might (accidently) pound the Brady Bunch into oblivion, with its hammer-like tail..

Is that wrong?

11. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Judging from an interview with producers Rene Echevarria and Brannon Braga that I read in TV Guide today (can't find the article online yet) there's some major, and I mean major plot developments before the end of the season. Big spoilers in that article so look for it at your own risk.

The December 19th two-hour finale sounds great - we may finally get a pay-off for our patience and loyalty. Of course how satisfying that is will depend on whether it gets renewed.

12. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Although she's not on her own the way Taylor was.

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Well there's your problem with the show.

Do you mean December 12?
    Tv.com only has the December 12 episode listed (which already has 5 votes of 10 or "Perfect" :rolleyes: ).

Lat night's episode pulled a 2.2 in 18 to 49 against mediocre competition.

Assuming that the last one or two episodes equal that rating, I'd say it's about 55-45 against renewal.

If the ratings drop more, 80 to 20 against renewal.

14. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've been thinking about this some more and I may be missing some things (because I got bored) but who exactly is running the Terra Nova Project in the first place?

We've been told "Hope Plaza" but what does that mean?

I would guess the government since Taylor is military (although the rank of Commander would indicate Navy but his superior was a General which would be another branch).

Because if the "evil" corporation is running Hope Plaza, it makes no sense to go through all the "colonization" subterfuge.
    Just send people back and start taking the resources (or setting up to).

If it's government, why bother infiltrating the colony?
    They seem the be able to send Taylor's CO back on their own so why not just send their own people to another location in the new world?

What am I missing here?

15. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Dammit, I want to read this article but don't want to buy TV Guide for it.

16. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Ditto! Nurse Ogawa came up again in this ep too. I don't think that name was an accident.
    Yeah, the trailer for the ep in 2 weeks looks pretty good.

17. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Nope, two hour finale (episodes 11 and 12) on December 19th. That was announced on The Futon Critic back in October. Not sure what's up with TV.com but IMDB has a episode 1.11 listed for 12/19/11.

It's going to be a cliffhanger too, which isn't good, but I'm so used to getting unresolved cliffhangers over the past few years I don't think I care anymore.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I seems utterly ridiculous to me that Skye wouldn't tell Taylor that her mother was alive and being held hostage by the Sixers. This show took a page out of Lost's book where supposedly intelligent fictional people hold back information that any relatively intelligent real person would share.

I don't mind the littlest Shannon but the other two kids need to run away and join the circus or something.

19. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    1100 days, but not on your own.

I'm hoping Mira is not the actual leader of the sixers, but someone making her appear to be so Taylor and his spies won't look in their direction. She is being blackmailed by keeping her daughter back in the previous time. That could eventually bring Mira and Taylor and his son to go 'forward' in time and rescue the girl.

I too was hoping the little dino would be eaten by the adult.

20. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Yup ;)