Terminator - 3/27/09 - To The Lighthouse

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by IndyJones1023, Mar 27, 2009.

1. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL

Advertisements

Anyone else's video/audio really choppy?

2. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    not for me...

a very slow build but every second was griping and interesting...this show is quickly reaching "fantastic" territory...every part was great...

the one complaint is why the attack on Sarah would happen just as she discovers the transmitter...that was a bit :rolleyes:...but I'm certainly willing to live with it...

great, great show...

3. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    ++1:up:

...couldn't agree more - it's now my #2 show since BSG is no more. At the same time, I can easily see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea since it's very different from the movies (which I also enjoyed for different reasons).

4. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    They referenced 2 episodes left. Are they talking this season, or Series finale?
    I haven't heard that the show was picked up.

5. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...

Advertisements

right now, it's season...AFAIK, the show has not been canceled (or picked up)...

6. johnny99

johnny99 TivoHD

Nov 10, 2008
    I wish this episode was at the beginning at the season instead of the end. The new plot threads that they started today appear to be much more interesting than anything else in this season so far. If the show gets canceled after this season, the new plots are wasted.

7. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Damn good episode. So Skynet is alive. It will be interesting if the plot has John Henry seeing his 'brother' as a rival or someone that he yearns to join.

Did Cam reprogram her reboot settings cause I thought it was the same 2 minutes as the T-888s.

8. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Cynical old guy

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I'm going to have to watch it again. I was really tired while watching it and did not enjoy it very much. (That or I watched the wrong show.) Surprised with Summernators lack of aggression. When Derek grabbed her, she should have broken his arm. When the van pulled up behind them, she should have been on top of it. I think thats what has really disappointed me this season is them not letting Summer be a terminator.

9. Gregor

Gregor Wear Your Mask! TCF Club

Feb 18, 2002
    Pretty good ep, raises a lot of questions.

10. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    I was sad to see Charlie dead. But it drives the point home, that everyone Sarah gets close to dies.

11. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I think the've said in the past that the reboot happens in 90 seconds. I believe we're supposed to believe that time elapsed after she was electrocuted; the show's only got 40+ minutes to spare after all.

12. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo Damaged Goods TCF Club

Sep 29, 2003
    Southern NH.
    Wow. Great episode.

So John Henry has been "raised from the dead." Who is he the savior of, mankind or metal?

13. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Cynical old guy

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I think BSG answered that last week.

14. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I really want to like this show. It's well written, stylistic and the acting is terrific. But it's still the last thing on my list to watch. It's more of a chore than actually enjoyable.

I like the story that's unfolding though so I'll stick with it the rest of the season.

Gotta give props to the guy who plays Cromarti/John Henry. Awesome job as a creepy childlike character.

15. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    When Cameron said she only met Jesse once and knew about the miscarriage, I thought maybe she was the liquid metal on the Jimmy Carter. She managed to get to John some other way and then turned into the human girl who had died. Do we know she isn't liquid? I always feel like this show is sailing over my head--maybe because I don't have much Terminator background. But I love it.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She's not liquid...she's been (partially) disassembled any number of times.

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I thought that maybe they mobilized once they realized that Sarah was in a hospital and that the transmitter might get detected.

The "I'm sorry for your loss" scene made me wonder when Cameron had a passive-aggressive subroutine added to her programming. :D

18. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That totally didn't make sense. If they've been able to track her ever since she was kidnapped and held in the back of that van, why wait to make the attacks now?
    Agree with this. Cameron has been very passive, non-observant, off in her own world most of this season. I know she's supposed to be damaged, but it's basically made her character pointless. This was the first episode in several where we've seen her do anything remotely "terminatorish" and that was only a brief scene of getting shot yet not flinching, and then rebooting after being electrocuted.
    No, they showed that after Jesse returned from the submarine voyage, she tried to go give the message to John Connor and had to meet with Cameron first. Cameron wouldn't let Jesse see John, so Jesse gave the message to Cameron. The message was "No." The question was, "Will you join us." That was the same time when Cameron told Jesse that she had been pregnant (with Derek's baby) until the events of the submarine voyage.

19. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Wait. So is there only one future or more than one? Cameron would have come from a totally different future than Jesse if there's more than one timeline in this show. Unless Jesse's pregnancy/sub voyage happened in both futures, this Cameron wouldn't have known about it.

20. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    There is more than one future. Derek proved that.