Terminator 10/6/08 "Goodbye To All That" *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by EvilMidniteBombr, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Oct 6, 2008 #1 of 91
    EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...

Advertisements

I think this episode was a lot more like the films. The flashbacks (or flashforwards?) were pretty cool. I think they should have left John at the academy though. It would have been a great place for him to bond with his future buddies.

No way that Reese would have been able to fire that Barrett .50 while standing. Those things kick like raped ape.

2. Oct 7, 2008 #2 of 91
    WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    I liked the parallel story of Sarah and Marty reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz while John and Derek melted the wicked Terminator.

3. Oct 7, 2008 #3 of 91
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    That made me want to read the The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. I've never read it before. Is that in the public domain yet?

4. Oct 7, 2008 #4 of 91
    alpacaboy

alpacaboy Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I don't know about public domain, but you can find used ones on Amazon really cheap.

5. Oct 7, 2008 #5 of 91
    atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

I liked everything about this episode except one thing: the Mansonator's comment to the guy she killed "I bet you've never felt that before either." Really? Terminators with a morbid sense of humor? Why?

Other than that, I really enjoyed it. The "Oz" part was terrific! It reminded me how much I loved the painfully overlooked "Return To Oz" film. :)

I don't see a "Heroes" thread yet. I, too, was too disappointed in it to even bother creating one. Monday's are all about "Sarah" and "Chuck." :)

6. Oct 7, 2008 #6 of 91
    Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
  7. Oct 7, 2008 #7 of 91
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    They've made her different enough from other terminators we've known that there has to be a story behind it, which I'm sure we'll get eventually (if the show lasts long enough, anyway)...

8. Oct 7, 2008 #8 of 91
    jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    My friend bump fires his Barrett so shooting offhand or from the gut isn't that bad.

Why even give Cameron a pistol to go against a 888? Also, why was she there at the end, did she trail the 888 and never get a chance to fight?

Loved when John explained SPORTS (Slap, Pull, Observe, Release, Tap, Shoot) and hated when he fired (without aiming) the M4/M16/AR15 without glasses or hearing protection. Though a few seconds later it did appear he has foamies in his ears so they could have been using both foamies and ear muffs. Need to watch that again.

9. Oct 7, 2008 #9 of 91
    DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Very nice episode.

10. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    I thought they were setting us up for a twist in that the kid in the academy would be killed by the terminator, (since he said he was going to leave school for his girl) and find out that the kid Sarah saved was the "real" one.

11. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I was thinking that too until they showed the guy in the future and he clearly looked like a beat up/scarred version of the cute guy from the past.

12. yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    "hey kid we're gonna kidnap you away from your parents"

"Gee thanks, lady...these cookies are swell"

That was the part that got :rolleyes: from me.

13. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    It's over 100 years old as are most of the books in the series. The Gutenberg Project even seems to have an audio book version of "Wonderful Wizard of Oz".

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, to be fair it was the big robot with the gun shooting at him that he saw first. She rescued him from it. And they showed him figuring out that she was protecting him (although they probably could have gone into the logistics of it a little more..."You see, little boy, if we take you back home the big nasty robot who rips roofs off cars, shoots at you, and shrugs off shotgun blasts will come back and murder you and your mommy and daddy").

15. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
  16. Unbeliever

Unbeliever Random Nobody

Feb 3, 2001
    Nowhere Special
    I like the fact that the prop master/armorer thought to put a shell casing in the breech so something would pop out when John pulled the charging handle. And story wise, he seemed to aim well enough to hit the bullseye.

The other plebe he was helping was without ear protection though. No foamies for him.

--Carlos V.

17. jking

jking Become who you are.

Mar 23, 2005
    Kentucky
    Plus the fact that Derek obviously recognized him the first time he saw him.

18. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    The new kid in this episode seemed familiar. Anyone happen to know what his name is or what else he's been in?

19. MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    Finally we read from L Frank Baum, which is the Reese/Connor alias.

I also liked the homage to Full Metal Jacket....the incompetent student was Pyle.

This was my favorite episode of the season.

20. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    the actor playing Martin Bedell ? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0745194/ I remember him from the Without A Trace episode.