Terminal Frustration

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cle_mike, Jan 4, 2006.

1. cle_mike

cle_mike New Member

Jan 4, 2006

Advertisements

I'm currently entering week three with an 'Invalid subscription code'
    when trying to activate my Tivo.

Although the crew at Tivo's customer support have been apologetic and very
    easy to get along with - this is insane.

Four responses from Tivo customer service:
    1) Wait a week an try again
    2) I'm elevating your problem
    3) I'm elevating your problem
    4) I'm sending this to billing

It was a Christmas present for my wife so I've had the gift subscription code
    for three weeks and have been trying to activate it for about a week and a half
    with no luck.

Anyone else run into this???

2. no-blue-screen

no-blue-screen New Member

Feb 14, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Send a PM to TiVoJerry. He should be able to help you out.

3. cle_mike

cle_mike New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Thanks - Will do.

I doing my best not to snap here, but I'm a bit dissapointed.

4. no-blue-screen

Feb 14, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    I hear ya. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, but TiVo really is a great product. You have to have a lot of patience when working with TiVo.

5. cle_mike

cle_mike New Member

Jan 4, 2006

Advertisements

Honestly, having worked in a technical service group a long time ago, I get the feeling the info about what the issue is is just not being passed from those who know what the problem is to the people on the phones.

The guys in the three departments that I've spoken with, CS, TS and Billing have all been polite respectful, and pleasant to deal with.

And TIVO management, if your listening - They all not only speak, but UNDERSTAND english.

If I was trying to fight through this problem with Haj over in India - The unit would be back in the box and on its way back to Tivo by now.

Via another post, I found out TivoJerry is at the CES show this week, so it might be a bit before he can respond.

Thanks Again,
    -Mike

6. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Real nice comment.

:rolleyes:

7. cle_mike

cle_mike New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Sorry if it offends, But after two incidents with SBC and the Mens Warehouse I've determined
    that my time is more valuable than a companies profits or political correctness. Being able to speak the language is not enough
    Again my apologies.

8. no-blue-screen

Feb 14, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    I agree with you...time is money....your time is more important and customer service should realize that...it is really an unfortunate situation.

9. cle_mike

cle_mike New Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Resolved!

Thanks to Garth in TS we got this worked out. According to what I was told, my problem did get escalated. But somewhere at the higher elevation, It may have been mis-keyed. What ever did happen its been fixed. The solution in the end was quite simple, credit my account for the cost of the 12 month gift subscription and set up a new one and activate it. In under two hours it was cured.

Thanks to all that helped, tried to help, and finally - Garth for fixing it!