Temporary Internet Disconnect = Must Reboot?!?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by PrimeRisk, Oct 12, 2011.

1. PrimeRisk

PrimeRisk TechnoGeek

Dec 16, 2002
    Denver, CO...
    Here's a feature that I've come across a couple times.

I have to occasionally reboot my router or Comcast has a glitch, so I understand that while the internet is down my options for Amazon, HuluPlus, NetFlix, etc will disappear from the menu. The problem is I can't get them to come back without rebooting even though I can go back to searching and getting suggestions.

Is there a way to get TiVo to put the streaming services back without reboot?

2. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i sure hope this isnt a normal function..my premiere is arriving tomorrow and my dsl always has issues and needs rebooted

3. Raver

Raver New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    When it happens occasionally just unplug the RJ45 from either the wall/router/ or Tivo itself. Within 30 seconds all services will be restored. No need to reboot the router.

4. strejcek

strejcek Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Actually, all you need to do is restart the HD GUI; From TiVo Central, press thumbs down, thumbs up, play, play. The screen will go black, and the HD GUI will restart; all streaming icons returning.

5. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Have you tried just using the SDUI instead of the HDUI? I suspect that it may be related to that buggy interface.

6. PrimeRisk

PrimeRisk TechnoGeek

Dec 16, 2002
    Denver, CO...
    It's the TiVo that I'm having to reboot, not the router.

7. PrimeRisk

PrimeRisk TechnoGeek

Dec 16, 2002
    Denver, CO...
    Ah ha! That does it...<Sigh> The HD TiVo Menus offer some much needed modernization and more efficient use of space. I wish TiVo would get their act together and get them working well.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I don't have a Premiere, but on my TivoHD, to get at least netflix and other net-related stuff back, all I have to do is do a TEST service connection.

(I have the ethernet cable unplugged a lot of the time, since somehow it seems like it's rebooting less often with it unplugged -- downloading podcasts is often crashing my Tivohd.)