Temp fix for North NJ (FIOS re-alignment)

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by rashid11, Jul 31, 2008.

1. rashid11

rashid11 New Member

Apr 3, 2008

Advertisements

If you're one of thousands screwed up after the channels were re-aligned san the updated guide from Tivo, here's how to fix (werkz on S3 and HD):

- put in zip code 10923
    - keep choosing " I'm not sure show me a different channel" Finally the setup guide ask to to check the channel list.
    - Naturally nuff the right line up was #10 of 10. FIOS Extended Rebuild it is called

kudos to http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20870446-NNJ-Realignment~start=160#20879970

2. rashid11

rashid11 New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And now we can went ...

So ... they feel they can screw us, humble jerzey boyz up like that, yet when it comes to NY, they gots the updated maps ready to go _ahead_ of schedule ? :thumbsdown:

3. amg212

amg212 New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Well... the Fios North NJ lineup that this zip pulls is CLOSE, but some issues (actually, it seems that the issues are with Tribune as the actual lineups per Verizon are virtually identical between the Massapequa Park and Freehold lineups).

The issues I found seem to really only impact 4 channels, but there may be others:

501 and 503 are in the guide for WPIX-HD and WNET-HD, respectively; however, they are actually at 511 and 513.

Verizon reports HBO HD at channel 900, and HBO West HD at 901. The guide data shows them BOTH at 901 - tuning to either appearance of 901 tunes, of course, channel 901. In this case, things are really strange since manually tuning to 900 does NOT show HBO HD. Not sure why.

MAX HD and MAX West HD are in Verizon's lineup as 920 and 921. As with above, both appear in the program guide at 921. However, 920 can at least be manually tuned.

If these are the only misalignments, I can live with it until our real lineup is ready. I think it would be helpful to post any other discrepancies so those of us using the "fix" will know what pitfalls to avoid.

AMG