Tell Me A Story - Season 1 - *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Nov 1, 2018 #1 of 18
    photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I figured since there was a thread yet, it was probably best to do a season one for those that want to discuss. So many great actors in this, I don't know where to begin. I feel this is what OUAT should have been and I hope they don't turn it stupid. Danielle Campbell, Paul Wesley, James Wolk and Kim Cattrall were all excellent so far. Can't wait for more of Paul's character story next week. Also don't know him but his face is so familiar, Billy Magnussen.

I knew the instant they hooked up it was going to backfire on him. Men never learn to find out a girl's age before getting it on!

Also I can't figure out how the girl got shot. I've watched it twice now.

2. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Nobody?

3. realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I renewed CBSAA to watch this but haven’t gotten around to it yet.

4. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    It sounds interesting, but I don't subscribe to CBSAA. Someday I'll do the free trial so I can binge The Good Fight, and I'll have to remember to watch Tell Me a Story too.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  5. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    This is on my list but I am waiting for The Good Fight to come back before I subscribe to all access again!

6. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I watched the first 3. I’m in. The cast may end up outshining the plot, but so far I’m intrigued. Great performances by all, and I want to see what happens next.

7. efilippi

efilippi Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2001
    Mundelein, Il
    I'm too old and rigid to find these things. I have Amazon Prime and Netflix, along with lots of stuff on my Apple TV and Roku boxes, yet I almost solely watch that which is prerecorded on my Tivo. Trying to remember what is supposed to be good, then figuring out where to look for it... Too much work for me. You young'uns have fun but no way I'm gooing to get All Access to further mess with my head.

stellie93 likes this.
  8. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Well this just took a very unexpected turn!

9. vertigo235

vertigo235 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 27, 2000
    Charlotte
    My wife got me watching the show and we are really enjoying it.

It's a bit ridiculous though , just one bad decision after the next by everyone on the show. Except maybe the dad?

We think he is going to end up being the biggest bad if them all, somehow pulling all the strings.

10. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I believe I just got to this episode.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  11. jeetkunedo

jeetkunedo Member

Jul 24, 2006
    I just finished binging this, and really liked the show. Yes, a lot of it was over the top and there were a ton of unbelievable coincidences. But the story was interesting and the acting was great. So I would definitely recommend this show.

But one part near the end really had me wanting to throw my remote at the TV. Even though this is a spoilers thread, I'll spoilerize since it was near the end and there aren't many spoilers in this thread:

LRRH: "Dad, is my murderous stalker (who killed my mom, my best friend, and others, and also kidnapped me and my grandma) dead, or did he escape?"
    Dad: "No way to know yet. But we're perfectly safe, even though the cops are gone and we apparently don't have a home security system. Now let's all go to sleep."
    WTF? :mad::D

photoshopgrl likes this.
  12. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Anyone watching season 2?

13. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I plan to but I haven't gotten to it yet. You?

14. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    ??? What is OUAT??

15. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I’m watching this week’s episode now. I don’t know if it’s as strong as the first season, but I’m still finding it entertaining. Some fun drama and some eye rolling moments. It doesn’t hurt that I’ve had a crush on Eka Darville since Spartacus.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  16. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Once Upon a Time

This show is sort of fairy tale based, but not with literal fairytale characters like Once.

getreal likes this.
  17. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    getreal likes this.
  18. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    You should start a season 2 thread then and I'll come chat when I get caught up! :)

realityboy likes this.