Tehran on Apple TV +

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tivoknucklehead, Sep 25, 2020.

1. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

Advertisements

new series and first episode was excellent. About a female Israeli hacker who works for Mossad that enters Tehran Iran and her mission is to disable an Iranian nuclear reactor but major problems occur. From the writer of the great Netflix series Fauda

2. jacobp

jacobp Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Potomac, MD...
    Just to be clear, Fauda, like Tehran, are Israeli TV shows, not American.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I saw the trailer on another show. Looks very Homeland like to me, which is a good thing. Definitely plan to watch, but probably not until all episodes air and I can binge.

4. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I was just looking into this tonight. I'll give it a go, I think, after Ted Lasso wraps up next week. Need a Friday evening show to take its place.

5. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida

Advertisements

not sure, its an Apple TV original but Fauda is one of my favorite Netflix series.
    Fauda definitely was Israeli based

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...

{from wiki}
    Tehran
    is an Israeli espionage thriller television series created by Moshe Zonder for the Israeli public channel Kan 11. The series is written by Zonder and Omri Shenhar and directed by Daniel Syrkin. The series is about the Israeli–Iranian conflict.

The series premiered in Israel on June 22, 2020

7. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Watched the first 3 episodes and very compelling so far. For those concerned about such things, much of it is subtitled but there is some English spoken from time to time.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    American networks often call their foreign acquisitions "originals," even when they were already hits in their native lands.

9. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    Loving this. Between The Morning Show, Ted Lasso and Tehran, I am getting my money’s worth with Apple TV+. I like the weekly drops too, as I hate running out of a binge so quickly.

10. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Watched the first episode. Intense! Think I am going to like this.

11. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
  12. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    through ep5 this is the best series so far on Apple Tv +. each episode is good. and if you like this show make sure to check out Fauda on Netflix by the same writers

jr461 likes this.
  13. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    *** Spoilers through episode 3 from here ***

No hinting at what happens after episode 3 until someone explicitly posts an episode 4 thread, please.

I can't decide if it's a bug or a feature that Tamar is... kinda dumb. Not convinced her reasons for breaking off with Tabrizi were solid, and why did she let herself get dragged to the protest? Granted her actions are spinning off a bunch of plot, but her being so green may not be the best engine to drive the show. Hopefully it doesn't become frustrating.

Also why on earth did her aunt admit to the guy at the door that she had had a visitor? I wonder if that guy was one of Tabrizi's associates, or one of Faraz's. We haven't seen any indication that Faraz knows about the aunt so hopefully it was the former. Quite a sacrifice by Tabrizi to get himself arrested, presumably so his guy could go to the aunt's while Faraz & co are distracted. And was that the neighbor in the car with him?