Teenage Bounty Hunters (Netflix Show)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zordude, Aug 20, 2020.

1. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH

Advertisements

Anyone else check this out?

We watched this over 3 - 4 days and quite enjoyed it.

Despite having "Teenage" right in the name, this was one of the least "typically teenage" TV show that we've watched in a while. The main characters are teenagers, but its not a "high school show".

2. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    Just started watching this.

I got quite a few good laughs on the first episode. Just starting episode 2 now.

angbear1985 likes this.
  3. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    My wife and I binged it last weekend. We really liked it. First and foremost the two lead actresses were really good. The were fun and exciting.

I also like how
    April came out to Sterling. April did not play the typical "What do you mean I am gay? You came on to me, it meant nothing to me." April was honest that she knows who she is, even if she can't tell everyone. Too many times I have seen that played as "you (Sterling in the case) are the Lesbian and I didn't like it". (I also appreciated she added that God knows she is gay and He doesn't care either so matter of fact.).

Looking forward to a season 2.

4. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Yes. One of the themes the whole season was averting overdone tropes. 10/10 would recommend. I wonder if they can do it again in another season?

5. Random User 7

Random User 7 Incognito

Oct 19, 2014

Advertisements

We are watching it as well and have really enjoyed it. I think we are on episode 8.

6. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    Finished watching this show. Loved it.

But question for those who have also finished it:

Wait, so they are not twins? And if they are not, what's up with the twin telepathy?

Random User 7 likes this.
  7. TriBruin

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    That appears to be the case. Unless their mom/aunt are lying for some reason. That would mean that mom and her sister were both pregnant at the exact same time and gave birth very close to each other. As far as the twin telepathy, guess they were close enough to twins to make it work? Not sure, but still a cool thing in the show.

8. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    Just started Episode 1. Question - at the very end, the picture on the board - the blonde gal - who is it ? I am not good at the 'linking it together' ! ha! But, really enjoy the show so far. Can't wait to watch Episode 2 tonight after work !

9. Random User 7

Random User 7 Incognito

Oct 19, 2014
    I have not finished but I have a guess

Their mother

10. TriBruin

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    That is the mother.

11. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    Thanks!!! I was guessing that !

12. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    SPOILER FOR THE VERY END:

That is their mother's twin, not the mother.

13. Random User 7

Random User 7 Incognito

Oct 19, 2014
    How does the Volt not need charging for that long drive?

14. wedgecon

wedgecon Just Plain Awesome TCF Club

Dec 28, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    The Volt is a plug in hybrid, it can run on the gas engine after the battery is dead. The Bolt is the all electric Chevy

15. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Finished this last night. Thought it was pretty great. It could have been annoying in so many ways but they did a great job of avoiding all of that and keeping the show fresh.

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Wanted to write more yesterday but didn't have time :). I don't have enough to say to create a brand new spoiler thread but it is a bit of a shame we don't have one already...

First, I doubt too many people were shocked by the "big reveal" at the very end... it seemed pretty obvious to me that was the case almost from the time Sterling was picked up from the lock-in. Regarding that:
    It's interesting the parents decided to tell them they're twins, instead of just sisters. Even if they're too close in age to be sisters, you could just lie about their ages to make it feasible. Kids develop at different ages. Clearly they're lying about ages anyway since they can't have really been born on the same day. I guess Debbie liked having a twin when she was growing up?

Second, I thought the attitude towards / depiction of religion and guns was interesting. Usually you get either "all bad" or "all good". I thought they made an effort to show both good and bad sides and also how kids are handling the messaging their parents are handing out, some of which they clearly don't buy, while still not tossing out everything. Just to see I went over to IMDb to look up the comments and was unsurprised to see a lot of negative comments about these aspects, coming from both "ends".
    I was especially unsurprised to see complaints about being "bashed over the head" with the "gay agenda". Sigh. And on the other side, some complaints about how guns are shown here as part of a way of life, given the violence we're going through. Also sigh.

I definitely hope this show gets enough views to warrant a second season.

17. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    I binged thru this and quite enjoyed it. Not quite the intended demographic, but the story and characters worked for me.