Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by CloudAtlas, Nov 5, 2018.
USER PREFERENCES>Autoplay Next Episode [On/Off] option. Defaults to On.
That UI looks different, too.
I just forced an update to get the new software.
EDIT: No software update available on my Roamio.
Clicking on a tile now brings up the above new screen (to me at least). Sort by Date/Season.
Looks a lot like TE3, from what I remember. Dave Zatz said this release would pull back some of the Hydra UI paradigm. I like and am used to Hydra after using it for a year, so not sure I want to go back.
no roamio update here either tried 4 times no bolt update either both on hydra
It used to be standard practice for them to have limited rollout a few weeks ahead of general rollout.
Um, new UI looks better in those two pictures. Wonder if they fixed the "grid" too? Guess we will know soon enough.
but for only one user to mention they got it and others not get it yet seems strange
It's a mistake or a real slow rollout. We'll know if the actual release has a different RC number that someone hit "Send" and not "Save".
What I would worry about is if they stopped the release due to a bug.
My sister got it on a Roamio that I had given here. It was signed up for prior pre releases.
This link seems to still work:
TiVo Priority Update Request (20.7.2)
20.7.2 was a really fun release.
Now we're up to 2.
I got 21.8.3.RC2 a few days ago Saturday (at least that’s when I noticed the new autoplay next episode feature). It confused me because TiVo did not send a message through the message system with update notes and neither the TiVo website or this forum had anything about it. It’s rare that I get ahead of the line for something like this as I didn’t specifically sign up for any early access to a rollout.
So far, the update seems stable to me. I haven’t encountered any noticeable bugs yet.
Oh, wait maybe it’s because I signed up for the Mira beta testing?! Did everyone just get update 21.9.1.RC1?
I think they quit doing messages on the box when software updates
I used to old priority signup web page. Still waiting.
they don't use that page anymore at least that's what was said in the TiVo Owners Community on facebook
At least for this release, you can DM your TSNs to Dylan Wondra via Facebook to request 21.8.3.RC2. (see here)
Also, David Shoop (@tiv0_Shoop) just posted the following "officially unofficial" notes regarding the release to the TiVo.Innovate FB group (here):
*** OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL ***
What's new in version 21.8.3.RC2 for TiVo Experience 4?
This software version introduces the following features:
• My Shows UI updates: Improvements to the top and Series level of My Shows to enhance usability.
• Play Next Episode: Automatically plays the next episode in a OnePass list.
• TiVo Voice Control enhancements: Adds advanced TrickPlay controls.
• Thuuz UI decoration expansion: Adds additional Thuuz excitement scores decoration locations on the user interface.
• Consumer Electronics Control support: Adds CEC control and settings.
• Sports Head-to-Head Images Home Team Second: Enhanced to display home teams in the second position.
• Metacritic Decoration: Adds Metacritic rating decoration for movies.
• Settings updates: Addition of an Accessibility section.
• Expanded Remote Control Setup entries: Addition of Reset Remote Control Pairing and Remote Control Firmware Update options.
• Search by Number: Adds the ability to use the number pad on the remote to enter letters.
TiVo Software Version 21.8.3.RC2 is compatible with the following:
• TiVo BOLT Series
• Roamio Series
• TiVo Mini VOX and Mini