TDS - This is bad

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by JoeKustra, Oct 24, 2016.

1. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Ok, now I'm mad. My guide for The Daily Show doesn't have it scheduled for tonight. It's ok on tvguide.com (not tv.com), so it might be corrected with my 5:53pm scheduled update. Messing with TDS is not allowed. :mad:

The metadata indicates (CC, in Prog, SAP, Blackout, R).

2. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    That "blackout" description extends for the full hour, eliminating "@midnight" from tonight as well. BUT... at the end of the previous episode, the host said, "we'll see you on Tuesday," which tells me they knew they were being preempted tonight. As for tvguide.com they have the slot marked as "new" but are showing the guests from an old ep from last week. Their description for tonight's Daily Show also reads like a repeat. Maybe that's their "improved" way of filling the grid when they have no information, rather than displaying "to be announced".

I'm not expecting anything new, but I'm setting a recording just in case they fill the hour with some special surprise.

3. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Check screener. It indicates a special TDS of this year's election coverage. At Midnight shows as a repeat from 10/20, same as the TiVo guide.

I haven't figured out a reason why guides are not all the same across the country. I understand local origination stuff, especially for the next two weeks. I feel like a guide nurse.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Yeah, I saw that. Thankfully, I manually record TDS every week since if I do a Pass for it, it picks up every single rerun airing. It takes me less time to just go through and schedule a week of it at a time than it does to delete a zillion extra ones.

I went to do that and saw that there is a one-hour block of 'TBD'.

I tried so hard to be patient with this guide crap. But I'm pretty much out of patience. It's been screwed up for WAY too log. :(

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

It's very strange that I only have 31 minutes of "Comedy Central Programming".

Since the guide switch I set a "new" 1P starting at S22. I know, it should be S2. But no repeats, even on Monday.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    So this one isn't blame-able on the Rovi guide data, right? Because that would show up as 'to be announced'?

but thanks, I set a recording for it, and 5 minutes extra..

(I am WAY behind on TDS though..)

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That depends. The Screener guide had it listed as new with this description:
    Episode: The Best of the Worst, Democalypse 2016 Roundup
    NEW

Trevor Noah looks back on ``The Daily Show's'' coverage of the most bizarre presidential election in modern history.

• NEW
    • HD
    • CC
    • TV-14 (L)

• However, it was like the 10pm SNL, just a collections of clips from this year's election. But it did start with Monday's date.

8. jasonander

jasonander Member

Jan 9, 2005
    My TiVo is also missing tonight's Daily Show because the guide shows a 1 hour block from 11pm-midnight of "Comedy Central Programming." Sigh. I mentioned this to @TivoSupport and only got a sad response asking what troubleshooting steps I'd done - it's not like they don't know their guide data is borked after the Rovi change, so it's terrible that they are blaming the user.

9. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Last night TDS recorded but with a blank description and no SM. I never miss SM on this program. I don't have TBA, but this sucks.

update: Just watched. For the second time the format changed. It's usually studio jokes, field jokes then studio interview. Last night, besides no description, was studio jokes then two studio interviews.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  10. salboy

salboy New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    The OP's reported "blackout" issue has happened at least twice this year, including this week. Between this morning and this afternoon (and a daily call) it resolved itself. Otherwise the show records fine - no repeats - so I'd rather not set up a manual recording. Is it TDS' fault or is Rovi's guide data bad?

11. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I had perfect skip mode both Monday and Tuesday.

And as of tonight, the data is back.

12. starbreiz

starbreiz Fangirl

Jan 29, 2005
    Mountain...
    This bit me too, on Mountain View Comcast guide data. Did not record due to no longer being in the guide on Monday and Tuesday, but new episodes were on Hulu. It's finally in my ToDo list for tonight, so it seems resolved.

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    A word of caution. This thread is old. A newer thread was started: The Daily Show 1/16/17 for this week's "Comedy Central Programming" issue.

Check the episode number for last night and tonight. Where is episode 50?

Thanks for the update.