TD 2.6.2 stopped working on Vista64

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by lafos, Aug 16, 2008.

1. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had TiVo Desktop 2.6.2 running on a Vista-64 PC. After some Vista updates decided to install, the "select programs to transfer" button stopped working. The first time I click on it, I get the hourglass replacement for a few seconds, but the dialog box never opens. Subsequent clicks have no effect.

TiVo server properties show my TiVo's on the network. I can download using the https interface. I can see the PC on the TiVo's and transfer shows back.

I tried cleaning the TiVo cache, restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling, all to no avail. Disabled Internet Security to test, and that had no effect. There is no message to indicate what the problem is. It used to work, and simply stopped.

Any suggestions?

2. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    The window may have opened off screen.

3. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I think you got it. After reading your post, I activated my second monitor, which is also my office HDTV. With the extended desktop, the window appeared in the primary display. So it must have something to do with the changes in monitor configuration.

Thanks!