TCF Club renewal ends up in Paypal limbo

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by dianebrat, Oct 26, 2020.

1. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

I checked the previous issues with TCF Club payments to see if it was something I could fix, but none of the previous solutions seem to apply.

I got the alert that TCF club expires in 2 days, and has an Extend Upgrade button, when I click the button it opens Paypal, but doesn't give me anything to let me process the payment, it's dropping me at the Paypal My Account home page.

Am I missing something? I almost remember hearing we have to let it expire and then re-up vs extend, but it's been a while.

2. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah if it's in your PayPal account's recurring payments section, it will renew automatically. If not, once it expires, the options will show up on this page.

3. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I've been having trouble with PayPal in general. It only works for me if I log in to PayPal first in another tab and then process the PayPal payment on the other page.

dianebrat likes this.
  4. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Same here, I made sure I was logged in inside another tab to try and mitigate it.

5. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

Its now expired and I get all the options to resubscribe and it still doesn't work, the same issue as my original post, it opens the paypal link and leaves me at the paypal landing page without giving me any purchase or payment options, this is even when I'm already logged into paypal in another tab.

Firefox, Windows 10, etc

annnd it was Firefox, I installed Chrome and with the same extensions as FFox it worked fine and let me pay.

6. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    Firefox is down to like a 3% market share. They laid everyone off and said development would be affected.