TCA Nominations 2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mwhip, Jun 14, 2011.

1. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    These are the only awards I actually feel that every year they get it right or at least the closest to right. Since these are people who watch and report on TV for a living. They are exposed to more of it than any other group I think.

Once again they have great nominations:

2. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Great to see Margo Maritindale, Friday Night Lights, Terriers, Louie, Louis CK and Nick Offerman get nominated.

Only disappointment for me is not seeing any love for Shameless which I think is an incredible show and least should have recognized Emmy Rossum.

3. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Let's go Walking Dead, 30 for 30, Boardwalk Empire, Friday Night Lights, and Justified!!!!

Wow going to be a tough one!!! Haven't watched Game of Thrones yet, but looks awesome (saving them up), but 1,2, 4 are awesome

4. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Awesome nominations. :up:

Love seeing FNL get some love from somebody in its last season. Also like seeing Parks and Rec get noticed and the great Nick Offerman.

But putting those very different performers all in one category is sort of strange. What Jon Stewart does has very little resemblance to what Ty Burrell and Amy Poehler are doing.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Craziness that "Terriers" is nominated....and gone. What a waste of a great show.

And nice to see "Justified" get its recognition...both for individual achievements and as a show in general...

6. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I had no idea what TCA was, so I googled it. Here are the top 5 results:

1) Train Collectors Association
    2) True Cost Accounting
    3) Texas Counseling Association
    4) Television Critics Association
    5) Truckload Carriers Association

So can I assume we're talking about #4? :)

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I loved Freaks and Geeks, but is it really worth of a "Heritage Award" (the TCA equivalent of lifetime achievement)? Seems to me they must really be out of potential nominees if they're nominating a one-season show (F&G) and a two-season show (Twin Peaks). But then again, if something as truly deserving as All In The Family hasn't won yet, what other true classics have been passed over for relative flops or flashes in the pan?