TBSHD on Cox-Phoenix

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by craigo, Oct 26, 2007.

1. craigo

craigo Broncos Fan

Apr 6, 2004
    Mesa, AZ

Advertisements

Any of my fellow Arizonians having issues with TBS-HD on 716? Last week I received a channel change on my S3 stating that TBS was available. When I click on this channel, it states that it is not available. I called Cox this morning and they said it was just for the week when the Diamondbacks were playing. However, I received the channel update *after* the series ended. Seems pretty hokey to me! They only offered this for a week?

2. BrianAZ

BrianAZ Back on the wagon

Aug 13, 2007
    Chandler, Az

I saw the same guide update message but am not a big baseball fan so I didn't bother to check it out. I'll try it tonight and post results.

3. Jiffylush

Jiffylush New Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Sounds like it is SDV, and not available to cable card customers.

4. craigo

craigo Broncos Fan

Apr 6, 2004
    Mesa, AZ
    Great! Thanks.

5. craigo

craigo Broncos Fan

Apr 6, 2004
    Mesa, AZ

Advertisements

Sure hope not, for obvious reasons. I know Cox Phoenix was next in line, but I haven't received any notices that they are switching to SDV.

6. yroca

yroca New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    No - its not SDV. They were definitely only carrying it for the Diamondbacks post-season run. They are out of bandwidth right now, so they had to drop one of the HDPPV channels to bring it in.

7. craigo

craigo Broncos Fan

Apr 6, 2004
    Mesa, AZ
    If that's the case, sure would have been nice to receive this message before, not after, the series. Would have loved to have seen the Rockies crush the Diamondbacks in HD. :p

8. yroca

yroca New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I agree - there wasn't much notification on Cox's end. I just got my TivoHD, and was still using a Cox set top box during the series. Out of habit of tuning to the HD channel I mistakenly typed in 716 and was watching. Took me a good 3 innings to realize that I wasn't stretching the SD channel. Cox should have done it earlier though - during the Cubs series.

9. wickerbill

wickerbill Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    I wish Cox here in Tulsa would get rid of TBSHD if they haven't already and replace it with a channel worth seeing in HD.

10. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

You think that TBS has no hd what about CNNHD Omaha launched it along with tbs and I don't think CNN has any HD programming.

ajwees41

11. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    That's funny. Got the same message here in Pittsburgh about TBSHD, but it is also Channel Not Available. maybe Comcast thought that since Arizona picked up all the former Steeler coaches and players that Pittsburgher's would be Diamondback fans. :)

12. BrianAZ

BrianAZ Back on the wagon

Aug 13, 2007
    Chandler, Az
    Craigo - I checked 716 in Chandler,AZ (Cox) this evening and it is dead. I see guide data, but the channel is not available.

13. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    So far the CNN special reports (the 2 hour ones that usually run on weekends) are in HD. In time the live stuff will go that route also.

14. craigo

craigo Broncos Fan

Apr 6, 2004
    Mesa, AZ
    Thanks for confirming Brian.

15. e30cabrio

e30cabrio New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    I am in Phoenix on Cox and have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD that I have hated for almost a year (I just ordered a S3HD) and am not getting 716 either. It jumps from 715-721.

16. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

I was going by what the onscreen guide on the motorola dvr listed. It has no indication of HD programs on CNNHD.

Thanks

17. robojerk

robojerk Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA

KCAL 9 in the LA area is the stupidest channel to have in HD. Not 1 show on the entire channel is in HD but the news!!!! The channel is owned by CBS.