Tbs Hd

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by LES108, Oct 16, 2007.

1. LES108

LES108 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    TBS HD was recently added to comcast,(Indianapolis area) It comes up at channel 196 no information is listed in the program guide as of yet.

2. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    It is amazing what can happen when baseball fans demand the NLCS and ALCS in High-Def!

3. LES108

LES108 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Good point !

4. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Time waner (in columbus, ohio) says that its no available for cablecard customers. :thumbsdown:

5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You are most likely in an area that uses SDV. Supposedly a USB dongle will be coming out to address this issue.

6. fredct

fredct Member

Nov 15, 2004
    NJ
    Report the problem here:
    http://customersupport.tivo.com/LineUpForm.aspx

7. BruceShultes

BruceShultes Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    About 3 work days after I reported that there was no guide data on TBSHD in my area (TW - Albany), the data appeared in my guide. You might get it sooner, since I reported it on a Saturday and I believe the missing guide reports are only processed Monday through Friday.

The only other problems I noticed are when it was first added, I needed to go to my Channel List and select TBSHD before it showed up in the guide at all and there was never a message received about the channel being added.

8. George Cifranci

George Cifranci TiVo Bolt 500GB - TE4 UI

Jan 30, 2003
    Columbus,...
  9. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well Ive talked to a couple other reps and they told me I should get tbs hd and they have no plans for SDV rollout here in columbus. So I think we are ok, im getting my tivo and cable cards (with TW) in tomorrow so Il be sure to check it out right away.

10. George Cifranci

George Cifranci TiVo Bolt 500GB - TE4 UI

Jan 30, 2003
    Columbus,...
    I just confirmation from a TW engineer here in Columbus, OH and 759 TBS-HD is definitely a Switched Digital Video channel. :(

11. 20TIL6

20TIL6 BaDoop BaDoop BaDoop

Sep 7, 2006
    Cypress, TX
    I'm in Houston and we have Comcast. We got a flyer in the mail that listed a handful of new HD channels. TBS, HGTV, NFL, some others. They are not showing up in my guide yet either, although I can tune to NFL HD and one other directly. No guide data showing up yet though.

I called Comcast today. The CSR said that the new channels will be "turned on" on the 23rd. So, no indication of SDV. Just a delay with the channels being officially rolled out.

12. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    rrrr, I had a feeling that it was a SDV channel. This sucks. I dont really care right I dont have tbs hd since nothing is in hd on that chanel (other then baseball) but I just hope the new hd chanels coming out arent sdv. Maybe we will get this usb dongle here soon to get these chanels :(

13. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    I DO get TBS HD here in columbus. ALL hd chanels come in fine so I guess none are SDV yet! :)

I just had the tech come out here and he installed 2 cards and left. He didnt test out the system. I tested it and I only got my locals, and local hd chanels. I didnt get any hbo, show time (hd or sd), digital and other hd chanels. I talked to someone online and an hour later I eneded up taking out on of the cable cards and restarted the system and it worked! The installer installed TWO (2) Mcards and so that was causing problems. So now I just have one mcard, and i can still view/record 2 shows (hd or sd) at once! So now my fee free tw columbus for the card is only 1.75 and not 3.50 a month. :)