TAR/Undercover Boss renewed

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
  2. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Yeah, meh. Respectively. .

3. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I stopped watching Undercover Boss. It became too manipulative.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    "became"? I still like the show, but EVERY episode is almost exactly the same and has been that way all along. Please explain how that has changed _except_ for you getting used to/bored by it.

5. omnibus

omnibus cowboy, yee-ha

Sep 25, 2001
    Lost in Wyoming
    I would think CEO's would be lined up with cash in hand to be on the show if only for the exposure, given that companies pay just to have their cereal boxes appear in scenes.

6. rondotcom

rondotcom I Like To Watch

Feb 12, 2005

The show I'd like to see is Undercover Camera crew. They go back to the featured company 6 months after the fact, and are absolutely shocked to find nothing has changed and things have actually gotten worse.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    LOL!!! I am watching this season but will not next season. I was hoping it would get canceled and I would just see all the shows. But I don't have patience for another season. At least the company that processed the sludge was interesting. The MGM Grand, a place I have actually been, was not very interesting for example.

8. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I don't see how a 3rd season of Undercover Boss could work. It's already pretty much the same episode over and over.

9. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    It doesn't matter. Like someone else said, CEOs are most likely clamoring to be on this show. I wouldn't be surprised if next season is already bought and paid for.

10. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    This too!

11. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    If the CEOs are providing most of the expenses, this could last until the CEOs run out. I think they will lose audience next year though unless the companies are interesting. The problem with this year was the companies were not very interesting. I mean Wolf Resorts? Are you kidding? As a Californian, I looked at this business and said a lout "meh". We do stuff outside. If I want to go to a real resort, I go to a nice place in California or go to Hawaii. (of course the indoor resort is much more affordable.) Enough hotels and fast food restaurants.