TAR now in the guide data....PAD PAD PAD!!!

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jlb, Sep 14, 2011.

1. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    So the guide data now shows the premiere of The Amazing Race.

As per usual, don't forget to pad the heck out of it...with football on CBS always likely to go over.

Note that the start times for late games, if part of a doubleheader on a network, are now 4:15, not 4:00. So there is additional chance for overage.

2. MountainMan41

MountainMan41 Skyrim Mage

Feb 28, 2005
    Oregon
    That is why I record it on the West Coast time slot. For those who do not have that as an option you can check 60 minutes live and they will show their pocket watch ticking the amount of elapsed time in the show. If their ticking clock shows 24 minutes and the real clock shows 44 minutes past the hour then you know you need to pad by 20 minutes. Just pause whatever show you are watching and check the time status of 60 minutes. Wait for a commercial break and just as they go away (or is it resume?) they will show the ticking pocket watch.

ONE MORE THING: Don't expect last year's The Amazing Race Season Pass setting to catch this season's shows. Long time viewers will know this. TAR is like Survivor in that they change the name each season so you have to set a new SP.

3. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Good point on the name changes......What he said!

4. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    ...and that's exactly why I DON'T set SPs for TAR; I set up a WL with keywords (like "Amazing Race") that will always catch it.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Though IIRC, by default that will catch anything with Amazing or Race in the title. I think you have to thumbs up both of the words, and IIRC, it still sometimes gets wrong hits..

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Rather get wrong "hits" than none at all...

Plus, if I'm remembering accurately, you can set it so it must include all keywords you list, so that would reduce the number of errant "hits"...