Take The Money and Run 8/29 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by FireMen2003, Aug 31, 2011.

1. FireMen2003

FireMen2003 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Dvr acted up. Just caught the last 30 minutes.

Looks like Dad got too confident and did himself in :mad:. The guys almost missed the money as well because the guy was sure, he searched everywhere. They should have put in the ceiling.

Another note, make sure your social network sites profiles are closed so they don't have anything to go on :).

2. MrGreg

MrGreg New Member

May 2, 2003
    Wow, this was the worst episode yet. Where do they find these horrible contestants?

3. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Although the interrogator once again "solved" it, the police officers actually did a good job this time and were more than two guys with a poking stick. If they hadn't done the research that they did and asked just the right questions of the guy in whose place it was stashed, they might not have known to search the place. They knew there were permits connecting the two and they asked when he last saw the contestant attempting to catch him in a lie.

That said, I agree about the contestants.

4. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    And here is the problem I have with the show. At a glance I enjoy it but I am concerned that the contestants are friends, family, etc. If one of them messes up, it can damage their relationship terribly. When that happens, I don't go away from the program with a happy, positive feeling.

5. Mr Flippant

Mr Flippant Regular User

Jan 2, 2009
    We did not start watching until it was half over. Came in at the part where the husband was jabbering away Joan Rivers. Then when the cops went to the friends business the look on the guys face was so easy to see he was in on it. I did not know how until they showed a clip of the couple in the place planting the briefcase. When he lets them in to search I knew it was over. 7 hours, pfft even worse than the confessor.

I wish I understood what all the rules are, obviously any accomplices must answer questions and allow searches. The couple in episode 2 are looking like geniuses. BOO!

6. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Man the daughter looked pissed that the dad gave it up. She's going to really be pissed when she see's the replay. That guy was a total idiot.

7. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    I suppose buying the rope, ice chest, etc. was a good idea but they brought it in too late. With only ten minutes to spare, there wouldn't have been time to hide in the water or whatever. So easy to see it was a ruse.

Papa was a total disaster. I couldn't believe how willingly he shot his mouth off. I think even the interrogator thought it was too good to believe.

Too bad the rental house didn't work out. The landlord told them the tenant was there. I wonder if they tenant had reasons for not answering the door, perhaps having to do with seeing the camera crew in the front yard.

8. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    The main thing I like about this show is that it gets me thinking how I would handle the situation.

Other than that, this episode sucked. :(

9. Sep 1, 2011 #9 of 11
    nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    You are being interrogated at a police station & you think the detective wants to write a biography about you because you have such an amazing life? Someone needs to have a reality check & his daughter just be the one to give it to him.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Why doesn't anybody notice that the woman interrogator is always playing "good cop" with them? (Yes, I know they aren't usually/ever doing two-on-one interrogations.)

(Remember the Simpsons episode where Lisa points out that they switched good cop/bad cop roles during interrogation?)

11. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm thinking a good strategy would be if you knew someone who worked at a store that sold those things to go t the store and buy rope, ice chest, whatever, and leave the briefcase with them. The detectives might just think you were buying the items there and not really look for the case.