Take the Money and Run 8/23

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JFriday, Aug 24, 2011.

1. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Since the last one isn't labeled a Season thread I'll start one for this week.

YIKES!!! That was pathetic, They had nothing to go on. You played it brilliantly and had $100,000.00 waiting for you but you acted like a little girl and folded like a house of cards. Man that was embarrassing.

I thought for sure the other guy was going to crack.

2. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    It just goes to show how different humans are. Some react very badly to isolation.

It was funny when the other one admitted that all his distraught behavior was acted.

I was happy that he was very comforting when he found out his partner had folded. Especially since that crew had zero to go on.

3. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I knew the one guy was acting the whole time......

4. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    He beat him when they got home. Actually when the guy broke down crying he raised his hands almost to protect himself. So maybe he did get beat when they got home.

5. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    This was so disappointing to watch. Everything about their game plan was perfect: having the work friend initiate the conference call, concealing the briefcase in the bakery, getting the second parking receipt, finishing at the beach. It was just brilliant, and they couldn't have played it better. That guy's a huge pansy.

6. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I could see cracking like that if you were in jail for a crime but it's a game, there are no real consequences. If you succeed you split 100K.

7. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Beardy had me fooled until he laughed about it afterwards. He was a great actor!

LOL!! My thoughts exactly! LOL!

18 hours remaining and he cracks!!??! He was in there for only 30 hours! He probably slept away 8 - 10 of those, so he has probably only paced around for 20 hours. I'd bet that he and his DP have spent longer stretches of time sitting in one spot playing video games or surfing for pr0n. :eek:

I guess that taking away his book and toothpaste put him over the edge.

But that lady detective --- BOING!

8. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I dont think they let them sleep. Part of the cracking them is messing with them mentally about time. The lights are always on, no one wears watches, they eat the same meal (pork and beans, a glass of milk, and a bottle of water) so that they cannot tell morning. Sleep deprivation can hit people at different rates.

In the end, you just need to focus on the fact that its all a game and will end soon.

9. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    The thing that seems to most bother me about this show is that the detectives don't really do anything to earn the money. Here they are really just wandering around waiting for the interrogators to give them some clues. Once the dude gave up, they were just told where the money was. They really didn't do anything.

10. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    That speech at the end from the singer/bearded dude was priceless. He will always look back on this show as proof that he can prevail. Well, what about his partner??? He's going to look back and see that he can't prevail even over minor issues.

Seems like the beans and milk thing is something the show does as part of their schtick. Whoever thought that up deserves a high five because the contestants so far are complaining about it every time.

11. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    Wow, some people in this thread are HARSH! I felt bad for the guy. He clearly had a serious metal breakdown, and someone calls him a pansy? I am sure it's very different being in that situation as opposed to watching it on tv. I didn't think the show handled it very well. The detectives didn't deserve the money. I also don't think a show making someone crack like that is the best thing to have as a result either...