TACKY - Received USED Tivo reward today!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by buddhawood, Jan 19, 2006.

1. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    I came home tonight to find a beat up package on doorstep tonight and I opened it and there was my Tivo rewards Zen Media Player that I ordered a few weeks ago for my 50000 points. The Zen box has been opened and the thing looks like a refurb. All items were obviously opened and used and poorly repackaged. The unit itself even has a repair tag scotch taped on! And to top it off it DOESN'T WORK! Come on Tivo, Whats Up?

2. jmoak

jmoak Beware of Conky!

Jun 20, 2000
    florida
    Dude.... Someone screwed up and got a label on the wrong box and you got sent a zen that someone had sent back for repair/replacement. To send you something like that as a "reward"... well, you said it. That would be the definition of tacky!

Call them and tell them just as I put it above. That HAS to be a mistake. Treat it as a mistake.

A BIG mistake. Give em' a chance to make it right.

....if they don't, come back here and get LOUD!!
    ;)

3. c3

c3 TiVoholic

Sep 8, 2000
    Silicon...
    Well, the TiVo Rewards description doesn't say anything about being new. It doesn't say anything about working/not working, either. :)

4. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    Well, you've got me there!

5. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA

LOL :p

I agree just bring it to their attention and Im sure they will make it right for you.

6. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    Remove the hard drive and see if they left any good content on it. ;)

7. TiVoJerry

TiVoJerry Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    Majorly weak! I spoke with someone on the Rewards Team and she assured me that we are not supposed to be sending out refurbs. Send me a PM with your contact info and rewards acct # (not the password) and I will pass it along to her for followup.

8. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    PM sent. Thanks for looking into the problem for me!

9. DCIFRTHS

DCIFRTHS Active Member

Jan 6, 2000
    New York
    Please keep us posted on the outcome of your situation. I hope it works out for you!

10. AnotherWin95

AnotherWin95 Registered TiVo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Jacksonville...
    Nice to have TiVo folks in these forums huh?

11. DCIFRTHS

DCIFRTHS Active Member

Jan 6, 2000
    New York
    Still awating the outcome of this situation....

12. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    There is sort of a resolution. I was contacted by Tivo and they are going to send me a prepaid label to ship it back to them. They will then credit me back the 50000 point to my rewards account so I can reorder another one. Hopefully a new one this time. My only complaint is that by the time this all transpires the Zen may be as outdated as my Betamax! :) But at least they are doing something!

13. Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    ah zen master....maybe you were not meant to have this device, look at this as your second chance. choose wisely young grasshopper

14. DCIFRTHS

DCIFRTHS Active Member

Jan 6, 2000
    New York
    Glad to hear that you are getting your points back! I agree that this NEVER should have happened in the first place. Let us know when you get the new one. Fingers crossed for you :)

15. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.

I'll take any working refurbed Zens you're stuck with... :p

16. marrone

marrone Phased Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Melbourne, FL
    They should have cross-shipped this, since they goofed up in the first place.
    Granted, they are making it right, which is the right thing to do, but they should have sent him a new one overnight, with the mailer in it. They could always bill his account if he doesn't ship the refurb back within 30 days or so.

-Mike

17. buddhawood

buddhawood Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Anderson,...
    Well, just and update. I STILL haven't even received my return label for this. Tivo said they have requested one be sent twice so far. I am really surprised that this is taking so long. I think they should do a advanced exchange. I have no problem with a CC to guarantee the exchange. It's bad enough that this happened to begin with but the delay in correction is getting ridiculous!

18. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I ordered something that was DOA, it took about 8 days to get the return label (they told me 10 days)..after I got it I sent the item back and got credit for it on my card... another 9 days..I just have to order another item. ( They even gave me credit for the shipping cost that I will have to pay when I reorder)

Les

19. TiVoJerry

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    I had no idea this was still an issue. I'll go knock some heads........uh, I mean "send a polite followup request".

20. TiVoJerry

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    Buddhawood, I sincerely apologize for this inexcusable delay, as well as thank you for being so patient and polite with your posts. I won't bore you with the details but for starters I have been assured that you will be overnighted a label and be contacted shortly by the company responsible for that aspect.

I'm also looking to see what our options are for going "above and beyond". Keep in mind that any possible options are likely out of my direct control so I can't make any promises but will do what I can.

The only good I can see in this (stricly IMHO) is if, by any chance, you were interested in the iPod Video (60gb, black) it is now available on the store for just 5k more. You now have a chance to rethink your options.