System Message (rpt) - It's coming. Are you ready?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by spitfires, Mar 12, 2011.

1. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK

Advertisements

They enjoyed it so much they sent it out again. This time it has a 2 week expiration time.

2. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    And you've also told us about it again. I therefore assume you must like it too? ;):p

3. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    Carl
    your post says nothing other than you want to start a flame war with Spitfires.

At least he is raising a valid point on a forum that you no longer have any interest in as you have not been a S1 user for some while

4. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    And this "valid point" is nothing that hasn't been discussed at length the last time this message appeared. So why bring it up again? It's just covering old gound! And why not re-use the other thread?

5. Trinitron

Trinitron New Member

Jan 20, 2003
    North West

Advertisements

One is tempted to ask why you have brought it up again - you could just do what most would do and ignore the thread.

Not everyone reading this forum has an active S1 TiVo so for some knowing the content of the latest System Messages could be useful information, even if they don't have anything to add to the discussion.

6. Muttley1900

Muttley1900 Member

Dec 22, 2008
    The other thread was locked after the, what is becoming the norm, pissing contest.

7. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Oh right.
    One could be, if one wanted to look like an idiot as it was spitfires who actually brought the subject up again. And, presumably, will do every time such a message appears. :(

Yeah. Where's the fun in that though ;):p

(Please note the heavy sarcasm and not-at-all-serious nature of the above comment. Well, it seems I have to point these things out otherwise people think I'm being serious; like they don't know what a smiley is!)

8. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Carl, you could start a fight in an empty room the way you respond in every thread with your bristly comments at the moment.

This forum isn't a bi-lateral conversation between you and everyone else. It's OK not to reply to everything you read.

9. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    It was a new message so why shouldn't he post it ???

10. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
  11. healeydave

healeydave from tivoland.com

Jun 4, 2003
    Midlands
    I'm afraid you'll have to get used to the messages, I was told they will be sending them out regularly until June :(

12. RichardJH

RichardJH New Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Hanworth....
    Carl

over the years some of your posts have been helpful at times but I personally cannot see your reasoning and change of style of posting in recent times.
    Unless of course losing your beloved S1 has hurt you :):)

I have never before used the ignore facility on this forum for anyone but that time maybe coming soon.

I am not out to offend but try and be what you were on the forum

13. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    As others have pointed out - I tried but the original thread was locked.

Since this is the only communication we are getting from TiVo Inc I think it is important that people on this forum (which is (sometimes) about discussing the UK S1 TiVo) are aware of it, including those who no longer have a TiVo plugged in but nonetheless want to be kept up to speed with all things TiVo. i.e. people such as yourself, cwaring.

p.s. If my posts annoy you that much then *please* feel free to killfile me.

14. alextegg

alextegg Tall Member

May 21, 2002
    Kingston...
    I find his cr@p wearing so thin that I will again suggest that a taxi for Mr Waring is in order.

15. Trinitron

Trinitron New Member

Jan 20, 2003
    North West
    Your reference to taxis every time he posts isn't that far removed. I still don't have a clue what you are on about. :confused:

(PS That's what got the original thread closed if I recall correctly)

16. Pete77

Pete77 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Not Far...
    I am interested to note that even you should be inclined to express such a view TCM2007.

Unfortunately the member to whom you refer would appear to have a genuine difficulty in understanding why forum members who are shortly to have official Tivo service taken away from them with no replacement option are rather upset with Tivo and/or Virgin and want to make clear the nature of that discontent in the forum. It does not seem to occur to the said member that just letting those other members have their say without springing to Virgin and Tivo's immediate defence on each occasion might be the most prudent course of action.

I suppose to some extent the said member always has been an ardent Virgin loyalist but no one actually minded about that when continued use of Tivo was not a Virgin Media only event. But now that only those in Virgin land can have any official Tivo service it does become a little hard to tolerate the constantly unswerving support for their every action from the said member.:(

17. alextegg

alextegg Tall Member

May 21, 2002
    Kingston...
    I know that as one of the people who take offence to Carl's incessantly pedantic and irritating multi-quoting and pointless posting style do so because of the general tone and content of his posts, not his Virgin-fan-boy status specifically.

I suspect I am not the only one.

18. smatson

smatson New Member

Mar 14, 2001
    jersey
    do you think there is a hack to change the message to a nice one :)

19. TCM2007

TCM2007 New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Easy to write!

20. spitfires

spitfires wassock

Dec 19, 2006
    South Coast, UK
    Let's do that in the new epg - let's send out a 'nice' message once a week :)

Even better if we address it personally - now that would really freak people out! :D

"Your TiVo is Watching You..."