Synch Problems on DiscoveryHD Channel

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by redbike2001, Nov 22, 2005.

1. redbike2001

redbike2001 New Member

Apr 21, 2003

Advertisements

I noticed the other day on my HR-250 that the voices were off (like an old Godzilla movie). Checked the other channels and they were fine. DirecTV had me do a restart. Seems to have helped a little, but it is still off.

Is it just me or are others having this problem?

Thanks

2. Jim Abbett

Jim Abbett New Member

Nov 6, 2005
    I' m having them also. I thought something was messed up on my end.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    It seems that HD isn't quite ready for prime time. At least not from the standpoint of getting audio and video synchronized. This has cropped up on network shows as well.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    It continues to be an ongoing problem, especially on DiscoveryHD. I wish they would get it fixed.

5. danvines

danvines New Member

Mar 26, 2002
    Peachtree...

Advertisements

DiscoveryHD exhibits this problem a LOT for me. OTA channels and the other satellite HD channels hardly ever (if ever) have a problem. I've long since written it off as a Discovery channel problem.

Fortunately, the only Discovery shows that it seems to be really annoying with are American Chopper and Monster Garage. Most of the rest of their programming is mostly voice-over.

6. nobbie

nobbie New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    Whew! And I thought it was my new HDTV Tivo or, worse yet, my new HP 65" 1080p DLP! Looks like this has been going on for some time. They still haven't fixed this yet?

7. jaypb

jaypb New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    about all of the lip synching issues is *trying* to show off your setup to someone who knows NOTHING about HD or technology in particular......and the ONE thing that stands out and smacks them in the face (other than the sharper, more vibrant picture)....is the fact that the audio/sounds don't match the video/picture!!!

Both of my 50" HDTV's have an HDTIVO hooked up...and these are *usually* the TV's that we're watching when entertaining....and it's been VERY evident the last few weeks that the audio is off from the video...most noticeably on the D* channels (as opposed to my OTA stations).
    :mad:

8. NickIN

NickIN Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Indiana
    It seems like DiscoveryHD is always bad. Sometimes it's worse than others but it was never exactly right. All of HD channels I never noticed a problem. Well I just moved this week and now have cable and the SA 8300HD (waiting for TiVo S3) and DiscoveryHD is perfect...lips match the words. Maybe it's a D* problem on that channel?