Syfy - The Magicians; The Expanse (4/5/2017)

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by bicker, Mar 27, 2017.

1. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida

Advertisements

The Magicians Ep 211 "The Rattening" is appearing as a different series, and therefore not picked up by the Season Pass.

Episode 210: seriesId : SH0337065415
    Episode 211: seriesId : SH0369558798

Same story with...

The Expanse Ep 211 "Here There Be Dragons" is appearing as a different series, and therefore not picked up by the Season Pass.

Episode 210: seriesId : SH0334289063
    Episode 211: seriesId : SH0369558795

cwerdna and Keen like this.
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Sorry that this may not be on topic, but what tool do you use to find the seriesID? I'm trying learn more about the guide screw-ups.

3. rgr

rgr Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm guessing kmttg.

JoeKustra likes this.
  4. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    You got it in one.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Thanks.

This message entered on a 101-key keyboard. Please excuse any auto-corrections. :D

6. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Anyone not familiar with this issue should use the guide to create new One Passes but do not delete the existing ones. If the past is prologue, the new series IDs will be gone before the episodes air, but who knows with ToVi?

The message was created on a wireless keyboard. Any typos are the fault of bad TiVo guide data.

7. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Why is this still happening?! You'd think the Rovi engineers would have figured it out by now.

8. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    If they have engineers entering this data then they're doing it wrong. Rather I suggest is probably some administrative staff responsible for either automated or manual data entry. Engineers wouldn't get involved until someone notes that there is an error. And even then couldn't do anything unless the error was within their own code. If the error is in the input data or is human error, no amount of engineers can magically obviate those problems.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Both shows on 3/29 and 4/5 are now showing up on my regular 1P, as of today's data download.

10. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Well, this bit me in the rear with regard to The Expanse episode last night (it didn't record automatically, and the repeat's not till Saturday at midnight, grr).

This despite the fact that the last network data download was yesterday afternoon, well ahead of the show coming on at 10 PM (Pacific, for me).

11. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    That's odd. The data for this week's episode was fine. It's next week's episode that was messed up and has now been fixed. Are you certain that the missed recording wasn't caused by something else, like maybe a conflict? Anything in History?

12. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Well, what happened specifically was this: I was watching a South Park episode on CC that ended around 10 and then another show came on after (a half-hour one) that looked interesting, so without thinking I told the TiVo to record it. Now if both tuners of my Premiere (ca. 2010) were already scheduled to record shows that would have conflicted with that, the Tivo should have warned me, right? It's done so in the past.
    Instead, there was no warning at all, and one tuner did record the show it was supposed to (Underground on WGN). The lack of warning about a conflict makes me think that the TiVo thought it didn't have to record The Expanse at 10 (technically the episode started at 10:02 per the guide schedule).

13. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    What does History say? And is the repeat scheduled to record?

14. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    I'll check what the History says and post back. However, when I realized the episode last night had not recorded, I called up the guide and found the repeat, and it was not scheduled to record yet--I had to set it to record manually. Next week's episode shows that it's supposed to record as usual, however.

BTW nice Burn Notice allusion in your sig (that show was a total guilty pleasure for me--basically the A-Team for the current generation).

15. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    All right, I checked History, and it told me the conflict was something to the effect of "Didn't record because there were already two higher priority OnePass or other recordings scheduled" but then only showed the one: Underground on WGNAmerica (which indeed I have a OnePass for). Now as I said I manually (impulsively) hit the record button on the show following South Park (maybe at 10:00 or 10:01, and the Expanse was supposed to start at 10:02), so I guess the new TiVo software must assume that anytime you do that it must be higher priority even if there are already-scheduled recordings, and not warn you about that fact. That kinda sucks. I know it didn't used to be that way.

16. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Manual recordings have always had higher priority than scheduled recordings.

17. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    His point was that he wasn't warned that a scheduled recording would be cancelled.

18. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Yes but he also write what I quoted, which is what my reply pertained to.

19. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    That quote was out of context.

20. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Stop.