SYFY 9/11 "Tin Man" may be wrong

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by HTH, Sep 8, 2011.

1. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    The guide data has SYFY showing the 1981 Drama "Tin Man" starring Timothy Bottoms three times back-to-back on Sunday, September 11. SYFY's own ScheduleBot page shows an unnamed SYFY Original Movie in those timeslots. I suspect it is their 3-part miniseries "Tin Man" based on The Wizard of Oz instead.

I only noticed as I have a Wishlist set up for the Timothy Bottoms movie, with the actor named, as it is not available on DVD. This scheduling error got my hopes up.

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Your loss is my gain. Now I know there's something on Sci-Fi this weekend that's not the usual creature feature, so thanks!

Although the Timothy Bottoms movie sounds interesting as well, although apparently it's only available on VHS.

Now if only Sci-Fi would re-run "Cube". Last time several years ago I taped it but it ran beyond the time specified so I didn't get the end.

3. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    Indiana
    Comcast's EPG data confirms HTH's suspicions.

4. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    HTH was ultimately proved correct. It WAS Syfy's Original 3-part miniseries "Tin Man" (losely based on The Wizard of Oz) and not the Timothy Bottoms movie. These things happen rarely, but they DO happen.

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Not surprising. SyFy generally does not show mainstream non-genre movies such as Tinman.

6. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    Well, the computer he builds does eventually become an artificial intelligence and comes up with an argument for life on Mars seeded by Earth probes that were insufficiently sterilized. A bit more likely for Syfy than Braveheart was for Sci-Fi.

7. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Oh, I thought it was about people selling aluminum siding. I enjoyed that movie.