Swivel search and the unbox stuff

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by TXTivoUser, Aug 9, 2007.

1. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas

Advertisements

I installed my TivoHD last night and all appeared to go well. Only getting analog stuff now, cable card to be installed next Thursday.

I went through the setup and it appeared to d/l an update and I rebooted. I"m now at the "b" revision - but I still don't see any swivel stuff.

Is there a way to enable it, or is this one of those things that I just have to wait longer than 24 hours for it to figure out what's going on?

I tried searching and it appears that some folks have also seen this issue, but other than a rant about a bad Tech Support person @ TiVo, I didn't see any solution.

Is this supposed to work w/o cable cards?

Thanks,
    Chad

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    I had the same issue but Swivel Search was functional about 36 hours after I plugged in the TivoHD.

Try Swivel Search again tonight or tomorrow. I get the impression that the box has to download additional data and/or index existing data before that feature will function.

3. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    Thank you! Patience is not one of my strong suits....I've already called several VZ stores to see if I can pick up a set of cable cards or a single M-card before my install on Thursday....no such luck. grrrr....