Swivel and Tivo Beta Search

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dthreet, Oct 2, 2017.

1. dthreet

dthreet Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

I have a Series 3 (Model:TCD648250B) that hadn't worked in a few years and finally decided to replace the bad power supply... I know this unit is pretty old, but was wondering if the SWIVEL Search and TiVo Beta Search should still be functional. I get a network connection error when I try both options... However, my network seems to be completely fine...

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Unfortunately that feature went away quite a while ago. We also missed it as well until we replaced both of our S3 OLED's with a Roamio Pro.

Scott

3. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    The workaround is to create a wishlist search.

4. dthreet

dthreet Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Awww :( Kind of What I figured... I probably should look at upgrading my COX Cable DVR to an up to date TiVo... Just having this old thing running on an antenna for the last week has been absolutely fantastic!! I sure wish the newer TiVo's looked as good as the Series 3 does in the TV Cabinet... ;)

5. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010

Advertisements

The S3's still do the search by name, but I know what you mean about finding results on other services outside the TiVo EPG. Yes, Wishlist, at least that still works. Many features of the S3 have been killed slowly over time. TiVo even kicked out the S3 from the TiVo Online feature quite a while ago. However, the S3's still do the job of DVR and transfer very well, and as someone who uses connected devices for OTT (Amazon FireTV or Roku), I don't need any S3 (or any of the newer TiVo's) for OTT. I just continue to enjoy the S3's simplicity and reliability with an even superior UI compared to the new UI with the WHITE TiVo silhouette and white bands.

6. fresh calendar

fresh calendar New Member

Dec 18, 2017
    The S3's simplicity and reliability with an even superior UI compared to the new UI with the WHITE TiVo silhouette and white bands. ;)