Switching Tuners with "Live Tv" Button pauses tuners

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mulscully, Jan 19, 2020.

1. mulscully

mulscully Member

May 31, 2003
    Malvern, Pa
    Tonight is the second time I noticed this happening to me and I really don't remember this being a "Feature" before, but switching between tuners with the "Live TV" button on the remote pauses the tuner when you switch from it, So when you ultimately get back around the horn, The first tuner you were watching is pause where you left it, or if the buffer is maxed out, 30 minutes behind. Did I miss something? When did this become a feature? (Not that I think its a feature, I find it annoying).

2. DeltaOne

DeltaOne Mount Airy, MD

Sep 29, 2013
    This issue has been commented on several times. It's a bug. Easiest fix is to watch a recording for a few seconds, then switching tuners works as expected.

3. Hercules67

Hercules67 TiVo addict

Dec 8, 2007
    I reported it myself. The other thing that happens sometimes is if either tuner you switch from is recording, the recording will stop.

No one has yet explained this behavior to me.

4. mulscully

mulscully Member

May 31, 2003
    Malvern, Pa
    Ah. That might explain why a had an incomplete recording one time

5. BillyClyde

BillyClyde Active Member

Mar 3, 2017
    This would actually be a good feature when watching multiple sports games because it would pause each one so when you come back to that channel it wouldn’t spoil the score and what happened due to it still advancing in real time in the background.

If for example you hop away during a commercial break, when you come back you just FF as normal through it back to your game!

Maybe they should make this an optional feature that you could toggle on and off as needed?

Hercules67 and keithg1964 like this.
  6. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    I checked my Bolt and nothing paused. But Tivos are still computers and not everyone get the same errors. Reboot and report the error is all you can do. Sometimes rebooting may be all you need.

7. carterblumeyer

carterblumeyer Member

Nov 9, 2003
    I think this should be a feature that you can enable. When the glitch happens I kind of like it...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

8. vaquero

vaquero Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Is there another way to switch tuners besides using the Live TV button?

9. spiderpumpkin

spiderpumpkin Say no to Hydra!

Dec 1, 2017
    Is this on Hydra TE4?

10. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Active Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Connecticut
    I have seen it many many times. This bug has been lingering for a while now. It’s been really aggravating me because you don’t always realize it is happening and I wonder why my program doesn’t match the guide.

It’s one of the several reasons I’ve now downgraded two of my three TiVos back to TE3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  11. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Yep--you can call up the What's Playing Now info. screen (remote top wheel, right arrow), down arrow to the current channels listing, right arrow over to the listings, and then up and down to the channel/show you want, and then right arrow or select.

(This is on the TE3 UI; I don't know if TE4 is the same.)

12. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    On TE4 just hit Right. Move to program you want and hit OK.