Advertisements A bunch of new HD channels on the way. Why not just switch to new equipment? Because the 3 family house where I have had an apartment for the last 10 years is up for sale, the owner is too old to care for it anymore. I don't know if I will be able to stay here when the house is sold. If I have to move, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to put up a dish. If I get new equipment now I will be locked in a two year commitment. If I can't meet that commitment I will have to pay a penalty fee. What would you do? Just wait and see what happens? Get the new equipment now and hope for the best? Dump Direct and go to cable which you could still get if you move? Decisions, decisions.