Switching from Bolt to Edge on Fios

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by rfa5, Nov 22, 2020.

1. rfa5

rfa5 New Member

Jan 1, 2018

Advertisements

What is involved in switching from my Bolt to a new Edge? I took the plunge as I needed the 6 tuners as my Bolt has only 4. Will I have to go through an activation process after swapping my CableCard from the Bolt to the Edge (I'm using Fios)? I remember 3 years ago when I first activated the CableCard with the Bolt, I did the whole procedure online and it was painless.

2. rmilchman

rmilchman New Member

Apr 5, 2015
    I just switched from a romeo to edge, also on FIOS. I have no pay channels all I had to do was move the cablecard and everything worked.

rfa5 likes this.
  3. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    If you have pay channels you would need to/want to call in and get the cable card re-authorized to work with the new TiVo. It's pretty painless. Normally requires calling in during "regular" business hours. If you go to "cable card diagnostics" menu you can find the number you'd need to call. Might take 15 mins to a half-hour, including the waiting time depending on how busy they are when you try to call in. Actual time required once you get past the wait is minimal.

rfa5 likes this.
  4. rmilchman

rmilchman New Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Apparently I was wrong. My son just tried to watch FS1 and received an error.

rfa5 likes this.
  5. FiosUser

FiosUser Member

Nov 16, 2007

Advertisements

I just went from a cable card on Fios from an S3 to an Edge. I did nothing. Just plugged in the card into the Edge that I took out of the S3 and ran guided setup and it all worked first try.

rfa5 likes this.